What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Getting somewhere with these gindlines.
Three puukko's because I like making them and a bootknife because I always wanted to make one.

20240505-141226.jpg

20240505-141549.jpg

Some serious stuff on last couple of pages... Can't wait to get back to making. The new shop (old 50 m2 garage) got the roof recovered last week, so I will probably start on repairing the water damage on the walls soon and then paint, electricity, walls for grinding room. I will probably open a thread to ask for advice on the shop soon.

This one is for a good friend and coworker, for his dad's 80th birthday. His father was a Green Beret with 5th Special Forces Group in Vietnam. His career spanned from the Jungles of Vietnam to the Deserts of Iraq in the first Gulf War. My friend wanted to do something special, so we settled on a custom knife. in this case, a drop point hunter in 4V. The scales are camo linen micarta with the 5SFG "flash" in red/yellow G10. Copper signifies rounds down range.

Hopefully he likes it....

g2mvxHX.jpg

Last edited:
Got a few hours at the forge yesterday and got these knocked out. Still have to go back in for touch ups but it's good for me. A chef knife in 26c3 that I haven't decided if it will stay that way or not.. and a Bowie in w2 for a take down challenge we are doing here in the Maritimes.. I have until September and I might need all that time 😁

Attachments

• DSC_0388.JPG
    DSC_0388.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 1
Finally got back to working on a kitchen knife( Magnacut ) for my wife. Stabilized some scales last week, and used Honduran Rosewood on this one. Drilled the pin holes, and got the outer edges sanded to the metal. Now awaiting the styling director, to select pin material. Sorry for the terrible lighting/photo.
hHIvL0i.jpeg

If you make slipjoints you know the utter feeling of loosing when you're sanding the shadowdisk with ever higher grits and you see the pivor reappear.
I had it happen a few times in a row and set them aside for a while.
Yesterday I took this one apart and put it back together with new scales. I kept it simple because it was all about getting the pivot right.
But it worked out and I'm happy again!
RWL34 on bronce washers and paperstone scales. A nice and light EDC.

20240507-161851.jpg

20240507-161726.jpg

Back