Whelp. Time to order some more steel. So what's next?

Literally, what is next is the field knives. Those will start being ready in just a few weeks. Immediately after that is the EDC.

After that is the 10-inch chopper.

I'm not sure what's after that. I want to make the semi integral daggers and I want to make the folders. Beyond that is the next round of K20. Those K20 will be made from a batch of 3v rolled specifically for swords and is not as cross rolled 3v we use for our knife production, so our next batch of steel for knives will be a different batch. We're buying an entire melt so I may tweak it a little bit.
Excuse my lack of knowledge regarding Integral vs Semi-Integral, But could you explain the difference?

Additionally what length Dagger are you thinking?

Thanks

Tom

Excuse my lack of knowledge regarding Integral vs Semi-Integral, But could you explain the difference?

Additionally what length Dagger are you thinking?

Thanks

Tom

No lack of knowledge there bro. I'm totally making the term up.

My semi integral dagger will have an integrated guard and weighted pommel that is thicker than the blade and tang. So by most people's definition is an integral. But it will also have handle scales similar to a conventional knife, so it is not one of my full integrals, but it would not be a regular full tang design either. Something in between.

Literally, what is next is the field knives. Those will start being ready in just a few weeks. Immediately after that is the EDC.

After that is the 10-inch chopper.

I'm not sure what's after that. I want to make the semi integral daggers and I want to make the folders. Beyond that is the next round of K20. Those K20 will be made from a batch of 3v rolled specifically for swords and is not as cross rolled 3v we use for our knife production, so our next batch of steel for knives will be a different batch. We're buying an entire melt so I may tweak it a little bit.
So, is the kukri slated for 2025?

I think he's making some now. If you want a Super Assassin, I think all you need to do is contact Dan.

He and I got together for the steel production for the 3V for our swords. It is rolled different than regular 3V, specifically for use as a sword. Less cross rolling specifically to align the grain of the steel along the length of the blade to maximize the strength of the steel in the direction of rolling for use as a sword. We had it all made at the same time in the same way and I think he is currently knee deep in the sword production. Probably a pretty good time to get a SA, they can be very difficult to come by directly from the maker.
Oh, man, for real? Just contacted Dan.

I still think a production SA that’s been simplified with slab scales and steel weighted pommel would just be tops. Dan’s certainly got the flare down with the tsuba and more traditional style fitting.

I couldn’t agree more! Production SA!
Oh, man, for real? Just contacted Dan.

I still think a production SA that’s been simplified with slab scales and steel weighted pommel would just be tops. Dan’s certainly got the flare down with the tsuba and more traditional style fitting.
While Nate has done collaborations with Dan Keffeler, as with the K18, K20 and Competition Chopper (IIRC), the Super Assassin is Dan's project.

If you want a SA, it's best to contact Dan. I don't think you're going to get Nate to make a 'production' (which I simply read as 'lower priced') version of someone else's design.

Didn't want to mention it at first, but after more than one post about it, and Nathan politely directing folks to where they can acquire an SA, I figured I'd point out that it seems a bit rude to even ask this.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

You guys talking about swords. Kukris. Medium light and extra crispy choppers. Edge cut nonsense.

I asked YEARS ago for a properly engineered eyebrow trimmer. My goddamn eyebrows are huge, relentless, constantly threatening to take over my entire forehead, and autonomous. And the older I get, the closer they come to winning.

THIS is what we need. Not some goddamn ninja popsicle stick ECAM manhood extension nonsense.

The problem here is that YOU losers need them, too, and you don’t even know it. THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM.

Don’t even get me started on ear hair…

You guys talking about swords. Kukris. Medium light and extra crispy choppers. Edge cut nonsense.

I asked YEARS ago for a properly engineered eyebrow trimmer. My goddamn eyebrows are huge, relentless, constantly threatening to take over my entire forehead, and autonomous. And the older I get, the closer they come to winning.

THIS is what we need. Not some goddamn ninja popsicle stick ECAM manhood extension nonsense.

The problem here is that YOU losers need them, too, and you don’t even know it. THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM.

Don’t even get me started on ear hair…

Wait until you're my age. Amateur.

Panasonic-ER-GN30-K-Nose-Ear-Hair-Trimmer-Wet-Dry_fc89c376-59f8-4cbd-bbaa-2131f916e85b.2c3fa5fa23ada1a7d0d361b79f1b838f.jpeg

Back