Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

aYUS81p.jpeg

Couple of flea market finds.

My Fontenille Pataud Capuchadou 10 cm with ram's horn in the classic range arrived today. Some quick first impressions. The fit and finish are as advertised, spot on. The ram's horn is more impressive than I expected, I really enjoy the character. The inclusion on the pile side near the butt is rough enough to have a little catch spot that I will keep an eye on. It is a natural material and this is not unexpected. With the cam tang the action is very smooth, at almost open and closed the tension picks up slightly. The blade takes slightly more effort to break the spring loose to close. It's very well designed. The 14C28N steel has a nice edge on it out of the slip, although I did strop it out of habit before I prepared the vegetables for dinner. It sliced up every thing nicely. I will definitely be exploring more of the Fontenille Pataud knives either the 12cm Capuchadou or some of the Chamois offerings (spear blade). At the end of the pictures I included a GEC 77 for size reference.
mkT9Byd.jpg
3c2zW3X.jpg
hDm8oMy.jpeg
byRclnd.jpeg
niXLSgs.jpeg
cox5lII.jpeg
Wm0LL2p.jpeg
lgkwnAC.jpeg

My Fontenille Pataud Capuchadou 10 cm with ram's horn in the classic range arrived today. Some quick first impressions. The fit and finish are as advertised, spot on. The ram's horn is more impressive than I expected, I really enjoy the character. The inclusion on the pile side near the butt is rough enough to have a little catch spot that I will keep an eye on. It is a natural material and this is not unexpected. With the cam tang the action is very smooth, at almost open and closed the tension picks up slightly. The blade takes slightly more effort to break the spring loose to close. It's very well designed. The 14C28N steel has a nice edge on it out of the slip, although I did strop it out of habit before I prepared the vegetables for dinner. It sliced up every thing nicely. I will definitely be exploring more of the Fontenille Pataud knives either the 12cm Capuchadou or some of the Chamois offerings (spear blade). At the end of the pictures I included a GEC 77 for size reference.
mkT9Byd.jpg
3c2zW3X.jpg
hDm8oMy.jpeg
byRclnd.jpeg
niXLSgs.jpeg
cox5lII.jpeg
Wm0LL2p.jpeg
lgkwnAC.jpeg
Congrats -- it's a beauty! 👍 I find the shape of the handle on these to be exceedingly comfortable, as well.

Jiki Jiki F-P put out a very nice knife and give a lot of options too. See your one still has a stamped blade as I think other models are now coming as lasers which is a pity really as stamping adds class. All the F-P knives I've had have held up very well and showed no issues, I'm interested in the Chamois as it's a bit smaller at 10cm and has Spear. Their use of natural material is very impressive.

Thanks, Will

https://postimg.cc/gallery/rWhRMt9
I’m in my final week of a 3 week vacation in Switzerland. I picked up many Victorinox climbers and Spartans for myself, family and friends. Today in Zermatt I found this Backermesser (baker’s knife) that caught my eye. Apparently it is designed to cut dough and pasteries.
What beautiful country. Congrats on your cutlery purchases Steve.👌

Back