Review 3V Mini Pendleton and Secure-ex sheath dulling nightmare...

I'd rather it be too tight than too loose.

It takes very little effort to bend the clip if the factory tension or ramp needs adjusting for your preference.

I have had many Spyderco and Benchmade snag and get pulled out of my pocket, but rarely a Cold Steel.
To each their own, I find the Spydercos I own to be superior to Cold Steel at what a knife is meant for- cutting.

Will admit my Delica is very slicy, but the backlock is a joke compared to the TriAd.
Not a joke, they hold up fine. Just the Tri-Ad probably would outlast them 3:1. That’s a rough estimate, I don’t have the spreadsheets to prove it.

Almost as funny as thinking Cold Steel isn't over rated.
It's bad enough that you post five times in a single thread just to bash Cold Steel in a four-year-old topic in General Knife Discussion. But then you resurrect a two-year-old thread in the Cold Steel subforum (where Cold Steel fans hang out) to raise the same points. Why?

No GSM employees monitor these boards, so no one representing Cold Steel will ever see your complaints. And this isn't Cold Steel Customer Service, either. Everyone here is already well aware of the endless grousing about Secure-Ex sheaths and tight pocket clips. We don't need a rehash, thanks.

Back when Lynn Thompson ran Cold Steel, he wrote that he had received numerous requests from first responders to strengthen the folders' clip retention so that accidental loss was less likely in the course of rigorous duty requirements. He responded to those concerns. Some customers were happy with the results; some weren't. But since it's a lot easier to loosen a pocket clip's retention than to increase it, it seems like Lynn's answer was logical.

So you hate your Cold Steel knives but you're happy with your Spydercos? Great. I almost never carry a Spyderco anymore because I prefer Cold Steel, along with other brands, for most of my activities. And I'll take Cold Steel Secure-Ex over any Spyderco sheath I've owned in the past fifteen or so years. Spyderco can't seem to make a decent sheath these days. But then that's true of most manufacturers, in my experience. Cold Steel hardly deserves singling out for that particular grievance.

By the way, Spyderco has its own subforum. A lot of people there love Spyderco and enjoy trashing Cold Steel. You should give it a look. Maybe you'll find more like-minded people there than you will here.

-Steve

Back