Brutal Bowies

KJB

BANNED
I am a huge fan of big bowies and am looking for the biggest, baddest, the best bowie out there. So far Bill Bagwell's bowies are looking good and a custom made "sand bar bowie" had a nice look. At Bud K I found some nice looking cheap bowies, anyone know where I could find a good looking Bowie type knife, if you have a good looking bowie I would love to see/hear about it. :)

Here is my fav from Bud K, the "Fighting Lion Bowie". It has it all... serrations right where you need them, a beer bottle opener, recurved 420 blade, a lion no-doubt engraved into the handle, engraved guard and buttcap ... the whole 9 yards, brah. And it's only $6.95 (plus shipping) to boot. At that price, I'd seriously think about getting three... one for the truck, another for the nightstand, and one for a gift... maybe for Cliff Stamp to test and see how that 420 and handle hold up.

As fierce as the king of the jungle, this fixed blade hunter packs a powerful punch. Featuring a 6 3/4" blade constructed from 420 stainless steel. The classic handle is designed with engravings featured on the popmmel and tang guard. The roaring lion head is intrictately placed in the center of the handle demanding attention from all. 11 1/4" overall. Includes top quality sheath.

It sure demanded my attention. ;)

Attachments

• bud k fighting lion bowie.jpg
    bud k fighting lion bowie.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 928
How about a big Battle Bowie from Larry Harley. Mine scares me so much, I don't even pick it up!!:eek: ;)

AL

My vote goes to the Frigault Victor Bowie (well, based on pictures...I haven't seen it in the steel yet :) ).

victorbowie.jpg

(from his website)

VICTOR BOWIE
STEEL: ¼"x2" ATS-34 ; BLADE: 11½" ; HANDLE: 5¼" ;OVERALL: 16¾"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FEATURES: Handle area is full tang with G-10 scales, black Micarta pins, and a 416 S/S "S"-Guard and rear bolster. Guard, scales and rear bolster are bead blasted. Bevels and flats are satin finished. The false edge is sharpened.
Note: A concealex sheath is included, but a leather sheath is available.

RL

How about Jerry Hossom's bowies? :eek: :D
Havent seen one "in the steel", but daayuum! they sur elook sweet, and I've never heard a bad word about them (or about Jerry)...

Some of the other makers here on BFC make some darn fine looking bowies as well. :)

Kwaiken...sigh, yes, that was my first reaction too (and still is every time I see the pic).

And now for something a little unconventional, a few Szabowies by Laci Szabo:

szabowie.jpg

szabowie_2.jpg

szabow2.jpg

RL

When I think of hard core bowies, I think of Ted Frizzell from MMHW. Ted makes some of the meanest and toughest bowies out there. Here is a picture of his new "Kyber" bowie. 12 inch blade, ergo handle and grinded a bit thinner than his usual fare for speed:

Attachments

• kyberbowie.jpg
    kyberbowie.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 881
A real monster :)

OpxFIDISA.dll

Check out the Bruce Evans Dragonslayer...now that's my idea of a fightin' Bowie.

I need to get one of those bad boys.

MY Bill Siegle Bowie with it's 11 inch long, 1/4 thick 5160 blade is one really BAD mo-fo!:
attachment.php

How about a James Rodebaugh Bowie from Knives 2001?

:)

Attachments

• jrsmall.jpg
    jrsmall.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 648
Here is one!
Actually I am getting ready to make a Frontier style bowie in the next few weeks. It will have a 13" blade with a "S" style guard that will come back almost to the end of the handle. Big Elk crown handle and a 5160 tripple quenched, cryo'd blade.

Attachments

• 1 bowei date 20902.jpg
    1 bowei date 20902.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 584
Here's a Lamey bowie scan courtesy of Les Robertson, purveyor extraordinaire:

lameynatchez.jpg

RL

Back