Brutal Bowies

My Bruce Evans
"Frontier Damascus" Bowie
damasbowiecopy.jpg

Or look here ;)
http://www.homestead.com/beknivessite2/ebbtidesbowie.html

You pic posters are hitting me where it hurts!:p God I love Bowies and y'all just posted a veritable x-mas wish-list. Everybody should check out the Matt Lamey site. He has a bunch of gorgeous knives there! Now I need to order yet another knife.:eek: :D
Thanks, Mongo

I just gotta say thanks guys!:eek: Keep 'em coming. Seeing this many variations of my favorite style of knife is priceless!

Jim McCullough

Hey...when it comes to big brutal bowies.....I have to go with the good ol' Western Bowie...I've had this one on my wish list for quite some time even though I have no real need for one.
I've handled a few that were used by WW2 vets in Europe and the Pacific..and 50+ years later they still hold a razor edge like a champ!
I understand that Case makes one of comparable quality....but I wouldn't be suprised if you own both already...I own an unfortunate peice of Pakistani potmetal.....at least it works well for splitting kindling for the backyard firepit
Stay sharp
Iain M.:D

OK
One more
:D
ebniv.jpg

Forged by Bruce Evans to my design, ebony & ivory handle 8" blade.

Hey here is a Bowie I have never showed on the forums ...
Ostrich leg bone handle and a 6 inch blade
donnaostrichdoubleguardbowiecolage.jpg

Hope you like these..I just added a new album of knives on my website that i hadn't had posted for a long time,Boy can a person get behind if they don't keep putting the pictures on the website as they go..
Bruce

I'm not sure what I enjoy more...pics of Bruce's knives or looking at his pretty wife.....hhhmmm.....I think the wife wins. :D:D:cool:

...I haven't received this beuty yet, but Terry Primos says that it won't be much longer (The sheath still needs to be done). This is a hand forged, tripple quenched, 10 1/2" blade of 1084 steel. The mortised handle is redwood burl, and the nickel silver guard is solderless.

(check out his site at www.primosknives.com )

He's had me involved in every decision of the knife, and his correspondence has been so regular, I almost feel like it's one of my children about to come home from camp...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Attachments

• aa greg's bowie.jpg
    aa greg's bowie.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 331
You like to see a big and nasty bowie?
Check out this one. It make's Clint almost fall over!
It's made by JP Moss, has an overall lenght off 18 3/4" and a 12 1/2" blade.
I call it BIG. :eek:
clint-jp.jpg

Now that's a knife!
(somebody had to say it :D)

There are some beauties here!
I tried to scan my Livesay Sandbar Bowie, but it was too big for the scanner :eek:

Keep 'em coming!

Happy,

Beautiful bowie! I just received one of Terry's drop point hunters. His work is exquisite! The guard fit is perfection, as are his grinds. The blade will also arrive razor sharp. An 8" bowie is next on my list with him.

Matt Lamey also does excellent work. I have a 7" Camp Bowie with a 9" on the way.

IMHO, bowies are meant to be forged, have a full flat grind with a thin convex edge. You just have to love what some of these guy's can do :D

Originally posted by Happy Camper
...I haven't received this beuty yet, but Terry Primos says that it won't be much longer (The sheath still needs to be done). This is a hand forged, tripple quenched, 10 1/2" blade of 1084 steel. The mortised handle is redwood burl, and the nickel silver guard is solderless.

(check out his site at www.primosknives.com )

He's had me involved in every decision of the knife, and his correspondence has been so regular, I almost feel like it's one of my children about to come home from camp...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I'm waiting on one of Terry's knives right now. It's finished but it's gone off for some photos. Hope it will get back soon.

In the meantime...

A David Brodziak Bowie.

standard.jpg

and another from Ron Leuschen from Little Hen Knives.

standard.jpg

I don't know a lot about Craig ("Stek") Steketee's knives, but do I know I like the one I've got.

stek_front.jpg

Here's my most recent Bowie acquisition, made by Keith Bagley. It has great balance & is very light & quick in the hand.

BagleyBowie2-small.jpg

When lightweight won't do, there's always a HI Trout & Bird... :D

Attachments

• hi-ak-bowie02.jpg
    hi-ak-bowie02.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 211
BrianC... Gorgeous Bowie! Do you have a link for Keith Bagley?
Bruce Evans... You make some gorgeous knives too. I especially like the last one you posted.
Keep the pics coming everyone! I had to put saran-wrap over my keyboard!:D

Regards, Mongo

Back