Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

Well done Jeff, I look hard at them as well and most probably looked at that one, not sure - but man what a catch eh!
Well done to you - because you need another Knife - right? 🤣

No Cal - I don’t need it- nor the pack that I have - no I take that back I need all the knives I have.

I just think that old knife is so stunning that it deserves to be flaunted.
Nice show everyone! 😊👍

Yes it is, Charlie. It came with an 8x10 glossy photo of Herman in his shop, holding the knife and autographed to me. It is special to me.

View attachment 2541008
tIAG5ZB.jpg

Cal, you have a beautiful Schrade collection including this one, an absolute treasure.

Congrats Jeff on such a fantastic find! Looks great!

You inspired me to get this little 124UH (Tradesman) out of storage. A sweet 4" Schrade with sunken joint and pinchable blade.
In very good condition... I gotta carry it more often. 🤔

49nB4oC.jpg

Thanks Duncan, just wish more folks were carrying and posting in this thread. So unfortunate that Imperial-Schrade has been gone for 20 years and is still slowly dying away. OH
I've been trying to carry a larger variety of patterns as I tend to prefer stockman's. Had a Barlow for the 30 day challenge. Been carrying a trapper ever since.

Old Hunter Old Hunter 's post above inspired me to put this 77OT in the pocket. I'll likely carry it for the next week or so. I need to put a fresh edge on it. Bought it a while ago, but super happy with the purchase. Still has the Improved Muskrat etch.

Last edited:
Now here is something interesting. A fellow has taken a great 123OT Delrin folder and put Micarta pants on it. But wait! There's more! He also took the brass liner lock out of the much bigger 125OT folding hunter, cut it down and installed it in the smaller knife. A great hack, in my opinion.

View attachment 2542607View attachment 2542608View attachment 2542609

My Son-in-Law and I went turkey hunting Tuesday, hunted most of the day but couldn’t get the birds to answer my calling once on the ground. We finally spotted two gobblers in a field, tried to stalk them by flanking around and moving through a swamp (stalking a turkey successfully is a 5% probability). Didn’t work out, but it was fun! Going again one day next week. My hunting pocketknife was this Craftsman from a recent GAW - just a great knife that takes a wicked edge and snaps wonderfully well. OH

Craftsman_9470_Stockman_-_Schrade_Walden_881_-_turkey_hunting.jpg

Last edited:
Back