Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

I pulled out an "oldy but a goody" today, a Camillus Sword Brand #78 Wrangler built in 1975. 3.9 inches closed length.

zdDJ6dv.jpeg

Did they make one of those with a linerlock or similar for the master clip blade? Maybe a sliding button lock?

Last edited:
I got out my old Box #2 full of cattle knives and other old rubbish and had a look at this senior Cammy cattle. I much prefer to see this blade combination instead of a spey blade; I don't anticipate castrating any wolverines anytime soon. I guess it doesn't make any real difference because I have no intentions of carrying most of my pre-war knives. I just like to coonfinger them.View attachment 2562426View attachment 2562427

I got out my old Box #2 full of cattle knives and other old rubbish and had a look at this senior Cammy cattle. I much prefer to see this blade combination instead of a spey blade; I don't anticipate castrating any wolverines anytime soon. I guess it doesn't make any real difference because I have no intentions of carrying most of my pre-war knives. I just like to coonfinger them.View attachment 2562426View attachment 2562427

The knife that was to become the US Army Air Corp. Utility Knife of WW2 šŸ‘

Did they make one of those with a linerlock or similar for the master clip blade? Maybe a sliding button lock?
They sure did, Cal, the #88 Lok-Rancher @ 4Ā¼" closed with a button lock on the clip master.

PlT23Ia.jpg

Interestingly, the whole line of those knives have 1095 blades except the Lok-Rancher, which has 440B (Sword Steel) blades.

This is gorgeous!

Back