Cohutta Model Specs

So, I guess this is your way of saying “tag - you’re IT!”?? ;)

I’ll see if I can put up a few pics over the next few days, but fair warning....I cannot even come close to the awesome comparison-style pics of RobbieB, Comprehensivist, Warrior108, yourself, and so many others.

For now, this is all I’ve got, but there’s more to come:

That looks like a very useful blade! Yours has a gorgeous handle as well. When one of those comes available sign me up.

R RobbieB thank you again for putting this list together! Awesome job and a tremendous help to me and the folks interested in my knives! It was great getting to meet and chat with you at the show
You're very welcome! It was educational for me. Have to really thank Choppaman Choppaman too; he supplied most of the images from his awesome collection. I'm happy to have had the opportunity to meet you at Blade this year too.

Sooooooo.......back to the *ahem* topic of the Cohutta Utility. ;)

Maybe R RobbieB can add it to his list. Apologies in advance for the quality of the pics.

(The knife isn’t really tiny, it’s just that my tape measure resembles the large number bingo cards that the old ladies use. I’m practicing for when those days come, which isn’t too far away. :D)

I put the Utility up against a few Fiddleback models that I had laying around. Tried to line up the knives as best I could at the plunge.

With a Sgian Dubh and the ED Karda:

Since pertinux pertinux requested models she is familiar with, I put it next to a Babyboot (just in case she doesn’t have a Sgian Dubh....:D ;) )

And lastly with a Toccoa (my other favorite Cohutta):

Hope this helps. In my opinion, Russell has a winner with this one.

Sooooooo.......back to the *ahem* topic of the Cohutta Utility. ;)

Maybe R RobbieB can add it to his list. Apologies in advance for the quality of the pics.

(The knife isn’t really tiny, it’s just that my tape measure resembles the large number bingo cards that the old ladies use. I’m practicing for when those days come, which isn’t too far away. :D)

Lady1911 Lady1911 you are easily talking me into one of these. Great snag at Blade my friend. Thanks for sharing with us!!

Lady1911 has the only one that wasn't sold locally so far. Its a model I have had for a while, but not many produced. More will be in the works soon!

Here's hoping! :cool:

... tho' now I'm maybe wishing I'd asked about this pattern privately, instead of energizing the Sharks. :rolleyes:

:D

So, I guess this is your way of saying “tag - you’re IT!”?? ;)

That hadn't actually occurred, but HEY-- it worked!

[I had no idea there were so few out there, and had hence put you unknowingly on the spot; I thought I'd maybe just missed Everyone Else's Cohutta Utility.]

You've gone above and beyond, with these images; I appreciate your taking the time to place this knife in (visual) context.

Yup, that's the image that drew me in. Wow.

Ooooh. I love me some white over natural (my favorite liner/color combination, with my next favorite, natural only, a far distant second). Sublime.

:D

Could you please tell me what the OAL reads to, directly? (The parallax effect throws off my reading of where the handle actually falls on the tape measure-- including, in my own pictures when I KNOW the length that's supposed to be shown.) It looks to be right at 6"...? Am I close? Please and thank you; no hurry. :)

[I'm kidding myself that the actual measurement is truly going to matter; I'm already smitten. But, Having Enough Knifes, I am attempting circumspection. Snork.]

I put the Utility up against a few Fiddleback models that I had laying around. Tried to line up the knives as best I could at the plunge.

With a Sgian Dubh and the ED Karda:

Since pertinux pertinux requested models she is familiar with, I put it next to a Babyboot (just in case she doesn’t have a Sgian Dubh....:D ;) )

Hey, now. I Boot Not. :p I do love my Ski-Doo, though. ALL OF WHICH YOU KNOW.

Thanks for these pictures! Way helpful. :thumbsup:

... The @Cohutta Utility is being revealed as smaller than I'd envisioned based on the first glimpse, which is helpful to know. Hmmmm.

A last (har!) favor, if and when you have time: could you please take a picture of the Utility with your Ski-Doo and EDC, aligned by the end of the handle vs. the plunge? Again, no hurry-- I am grateful for the feast of almost-instant visual information you've already provided!

And lastly with a Toccoa (my other favorite Cohutta):

Wow, very cool combo.

I'ma need to read back through this thread a few times or more....

(Great work, @Cohutta!)

Meanwhile:
@ErichM saved my bacon though.....he took my Yeti to his room after I was hauled off and saved me from having to buy one before I got home Sunday so Kylie wouldnt kill me for losing it

I sense this is code.

o_O

~ P.

Last edited:
pertinux pertinux — OAL on mine comes in right at 6-1/16” if measured from the very tip to the very end. Also, the height of the blade at the ricasso is 1-1/16” (barely).

I understand what you mean about the optical illusion. Hope it helps!

Finally got some pants for my Micro Strebig! With its size and weight, I believe its going to be a great EDC!
sJ5Q71K.jpg

pQJ7c6g.jpg

qIY8VmL.jpg

Back