Cohutta Model Specs

C Coach23 – That is one good-looking combo! Nice choice of leather and whoa....that’s a beautiful knife! That taper, tho...:eek::thumbsup:

C Coach23 – That is one good-looking combo! Nice choice of leather and whoa....that’s a beautiful knife! That taper, tho...:eek::thumbsup:
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it! Russell did an awesome job on this one for sure and I’ll feel lucky to have snagged it! I can’t wait to get some pocket time with it:thumbsup:

pertinux pertinux — Per your request, here’s the Cohutta Utility with some familiar models. Tried to line them up, but since they all have dissimilar handle ends, this was the best I could do. :)

...The especially helpful bonus being, I do own and love the three other patterns you're using for scale. :)

Thanks much! :thumbsup:

~ P.

I was reviewing this thread and noticed that we don't have a Bearpen up there so here it is.
Btw, this is a kick-ass design. I absolutely love to use this knife! :D

Cohutta Bearpen
OAL 8.375" Handle 4.500" Blade 3.875"

skJCdPB.jpg

I was reviewing this thread and noticed that we don't have a Bearpen up there so here it is.
Thanks! I've added it.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out that I've removed the Excel spreadsheet that was attached to the original post and replaced it with a link to an external site that shows the same model list but allows you to sort on the first four columns just by clicking the column header. I believe this is very useful for comparing models of a similar size. I had hoped to be able to embed this within the forum post itself, but it looks like BBCode doesn't support that.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out that I've removed the Excel spreadsheet that was attached to the original post and replaced it with a link to an external site that shows the same model list but allows you to sort on the first four columns just by clicking the column header. I believe this is very useful for comparing models of a similar size.

Wow, really useful.

Thanks!

The link again, from R RobbieB 's first post in this thread:

Sortable List of Cohutta Knife Patterns

Now make a Mondo List of Cohutta and Fiddleback knife patterns, so I can compare ALL THE THINGS.

o_O

But really: thank you.

~ P.

I have been on the fence of purchasing / trying to find my first Cohutta Knife for a while now. It is not because I don't want one and there appear to be models that fill a few gaps between some of the knives that I have. I did just notice that Olde Towne Cutlery is a vender so that is a start. Each time I check back in with a Cohutta thread there are new models which is awesome but at the same time makes it harder to pick one. I have purchased a lot of fiddlebacks just to sort through to find a few favorites that match my needs, hand / feel, and appearance. I'm not really up for that again and looking for a faster track this go around. Thanks to all of you that post up pictures and specifications helping to make it easier to get started. The Mini Strebig and Tellico are on the want list for sure but today I noticed the Conasauga and Mountaintown Jr., the list is growing. I will be searching some more threads to see if I can find more on the Mountaintown jr.

C Cohutta Thanks, I guess I could start with the Mountaintown jr. when I first saw it I saw some version of a mini Bush Hermit. I have only found limited pictures and honestly I am seeing what I want to see. Mostly I buy knives that have 3.25"~3.5" blades with 4.25"+ handles so then I can legally conceal whenever I feel like it. Two of my favorite fiddlebacks are the Handyman 1/8"TT and Bushnub 3/32". I would like to add a 3.5" max blade 1/8"TT with 4.25"+ handle knife that has a handle that feels open to all grips like the handyman leaning towards a slightly shrunken Bush Hermit or Bushcrafter with a taller blade like the Bushnub or smaller Bush Hermit. Really a 3.5" 1/8"TT Bush Hermit blade profile on a ever so slightly smaller Bushcrafter Handle would be perfect. Hopefully that helps give an idea for a direction you could help point me.

Last edited:
I believe you’re on the right track with the Mountaintown Jr. if you prefer a taller blade and more open handle. Conasauga also fits the bill, but the handle isn’t quite as tall or open as the Jr.

I'm eager to see if the Talona ends up in here and if the prototype gets any changes. I would like to see a picture of it next to the Mountain town.

I'm eager to see if the Talona ends up in here and if the prototype gets any changes. I would like to see a picture of it next to the Mountain town.
Talona added. Let the comparisons (and drool) commence.

I'm told there is a Mountaintown, but I have no photo of it. If anyone owns own, I'd appreciate a photo similar to the ones shown on the original post as well as the dimensions.

Back