Collectors gear up - HEST/F first run misprint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don't care either way lol I just want all the LE's I can get my greedy hands on lol
This is in regards to it being political

Last edited:
why am i getting the feeling there are some serious politics going on here...i've been outta the loop. seems like some real pissy attitudes round here, not sure why. i don't read those kinds of threads...but i have one of these on the way and will judge for myself. plus there's already a thread addressing this, with what i would call excellent customer service. as you were...

This thread was made before the other one. Ryps other thread was made in responce to this

I think people are getting so pissy because of how long we've waited, and now there is a semi serious. Saftey issue with the knife

This thread was made before the other one. Ryps other thread was made in responce to this

I think people are getting so pissy because of how long we've waited, and now there is a semi serious. Saftey issue with the knife

I'm just curious to see how deep the lockup will be after messing with the pivot pin size.

Framelocks are picky...but thats how geometry works.

Back to the original topic - I got my HEST/F LE today...and all six of my Mr. DPs are printed correctly. Apparently, not all of the Mr. DP versions have the error in the printing.

I sort of wanted the one with the misprint. :(

Pics or it didn't happen.:)

Back to the original topic - I got my HEST/F LE today...and all six of my Mr. DPs are printed correctly. Apparently, not all of the Mr. DP versions have the error in the printing.

I sort of wanted the one with the misprint. :(

Ok -

Here are photos of the blade:
DSCN0516.jpg

DSCN0517.jpg

Unfortunately, the blade to handle gap when closed is pretty large on mine...
DSCN0518.jpg

it would seem that they obviously noticed that the dp was printed backwards and changed it. why did they not correct the other ones i wonder.

cricket

it would seem that they obviously noticed that the dp was printed backwards and changed it. why did they not correct the other ones i wonder.

cricket

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone was aware that these were going mostly to knife enthusiasts, who tend to notice little things like backwards writing and exposed tips.

i dont know but the whole thing is making me sick to my stomach. ive gone from alot of anticipation to frustration to just feeling sick at the photos so far. if mine has that big a gap i'm going to be really irritated. thats just poor design and quality control which is the opposite of what i thought i was buying.

cricket

I think that my knife and UDT-SEAL's knife are beyond a simple pin replacement.

In my heart, I am glad that ESEE is no longer involved with Lionsteel with their folder.

I am gonna sell mine on e-bay for $10,000,000.00 Dollars LOL
RYP Good luck on the rest of your projects

arlessinfl.

Interesting. If that is how the blade sits closed we will fix that or refund you money. Same goes for any reverse art. LionSteel and DPx Gear is happy to correct any knives that don't match our specs or the customer expectations.

holy shit.
Maybe it's because it's not all that money in the grand scheme of knives but I couldn't give two shits about the qb or the tip. I handled one this morning and was pretty impressed with the overall build quality and stoutness. I didn't notice the tip "issue" and it was a sterile version so I didn't see any misprints.

If it's a safe queen, who cares. It's more collectable now right? If not, perfect, it was meant to cut and neither "issue" will prevent it from doing that.

I get my Dp today and I'm going to carry and use that bitch. Can't wait.

Also lets not turn this into a Lionsteel vs ESEE sort of bullshit. Lionsteel makes better folders than ESEE, that I guarantee.

i dont know but the whole thing is making me sick to my stomach. ive gone from alot of anticipation to frustration to just feeling sick at the photos so far. if mine has that big a gap i'm going to be really irritated. thats just poor design and quality control which is the opposite of what i thought i was buying.

cricket

+1 This is pretty upsetting. I find it unbelievable that knives looking like that made it out of the lion steel workshop. Hopefully they will be able to fix this.

holy shit.
Maybe it's because it's not all that money in the grand scheme of knives but I couldn't give two shits about the qb or the tip. I handled one this morning and was pretty impressed with the overall build quality and stoutness. I didn't notice the tip "issue" and it was a sterile version so I didn't see any misprints.

If it's a safe queen, who cares. It's more collectable now right? If not, perfect, it was meant to cut and neither "issue" will prevent it from doing that.

I get my Dp today and I'm going to carry and use that bitch. Can't wait.

Also lets not turn this into a Lionsteel vs ESEE sort of bullshit. Lionsteel makes better folders than ESEE, that I guarantee.

Are we looking at the same pictures? :confused: I don't need perfection, but come on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back