Collectors gear up - HEST/F first run misprint

Status
Not open for further replies.
arlessinfl.

Interesting. If that is how the blade sits closed we will fix that or refund you money. Same goes for any reverse art. LionSteel and DPx Gear is happy to correct any knives that don't match our specs or the customer expectations.

Thank you RYP. I will wait to see how my Sterile HEST/F LE comes out (it has not arrived yet).
If it is good to go, then I will likely send the MR. DP back to you for adjustment.

got mine today...same issue
IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

i can easily get my thumb on the tip of the blade without any pressure
IMG_0842.jpg

the new pin better be pretty small. either that, or the detend that the pin rests on wasnt cut deep enough

I am thinking the MR DP versions are gonna get new blades. That's not a function of blade height but length. Maybe a combo of sharpening, pin and maybe even blade detent coming together to make the Mr DP blades. I am more concerned about the difference in amounts of gap and variance than the actual gap.

Does this mean that the LE Sterile ones don't have this problem?

Hope its not as bad if anything.

Are we looking at the same pictures? :confused: I don't need perfection, but come on...
Yes we are, I just don't see anyone cutting themselves on that...
since when does ESEE make folders?
They don't, but Lionsteel has made some of the most kick ass and sought after folders recently.
That's what he wants you to do, just let it go...let it gooo;)
Hahahah, Guilty as charged!
got mine today...same issuei can easily get my thumb on the tip of the blade without any pressure
the new pin better be pretty small. either that, or the detend that the pin rests on wasnt cut deep enough
I guess this is where I differ. I have a knife, worth twice the HEST and the tip of the blade just about sticks out of the handle. I could, if I wanted to, cut myself pretty bad with it. I haven't and it's in the EDC rotation. Same I'm sure with the H*E*S*T

I am thinking the MR DP versions are gonna get new blades. That's not a function of blade height but length. Maybe a combo of sharpening, pin and maybe even blade detent coming together to make the Mr DP blades. I am more concerned about the difference in amounts of gap and variance than the actual gap.

How about the sterile versions? I would like to see a longer blade on these anyway. . .

They don't, but Lionsteel has made some of the most kick ass and sought after folders recently.

I wouldn't call the SR-1 kick ass. They are doing some nice work, but an entire run of knives with obvious defects? One or two would be cause for mild concern, a batch would be alarming, but it looks here like every single one is messed up to some degree.

Yes we are, I just don't see anyone cutting themselves on that...

You do understand that its a tip up knife , and when you pull
the knife from your pocket , the exposed tip can catch , and "tip wave open" itself?

I can see people cutting them self in the leg quite easily .

1234,,,,,:confused:

How is every single one messed up Josh?

Every single one posted here has an exposed tip. Some much worse then others, but all have it protruding to some degree.

I have to say, it's an interesting attitude to take an obviously defective knife and write it off because you plan to "us that bitch." :rolleyes:

RYP's response to this has been great.

But I dont think that this folder should have left the factory though.

RYP has had an amazing start in the cutlery industry, he is not even a maker or a knife junkie like most of us here, there are very few makers out there who have pre orders on any knife and those makers have been in the cutlery game a long time.

RYP is a great journalist and adverturer but i feel that he should try find a partneship similar to the one he had with ESEE to look after the knife part of the business. I have been making knives for quite a few years now and its easy to miss little things, but this is not very easy to miss. The knives should have been checked before shipping.

His reptuation, attitude and partnership with ESEE got him off to a great start in this game, and i would like to see it grow. This is not an industry that you are going to get away with boo-boos like this very often. Particularly such a new name in the knife industry.

I like the spin of the mistakes becoming rare and collectable though. I own a HEST Fb and love it, but me thinks i will wait for the ESEE folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back