Deer Rock Knives- Finished Work

The left scale has a small check in it that wouldn’t sand out and was within the ironwood and not visible when I glued the scales up. It’s minor and only aesthetic, but just thought I would point that out. Ironwood is a naturally stable wood. Part of working with natural materials I suppose. I’ll be giving the customer a discount.

Skinner Dan v2
.113” Magnacut @ 62 HRC
Blade Length: 4”
Handle Length: 4.25” Coke Bottle Shape
Handle Material: Ironwood/loveless
Thickness behind edge: .008” Wet Ground
IMG_9176.jpegIMG_9174.jpegIMG_9175.jpeg

The left scale has a small check in it that wouldn’t sand out and was within the ironwood and not visible when I glued the scales up. It’s minor and only aesthetic, but just thought I would point that out. Ironwood is a naturally stable wood. Part of working with natural materials I suppose. I’ll be giving the customer a discount.

Skinner Dan v2
.113” Magnacut @ 62 HRC
Handle Material: Ironwood/loveless
Thickness behind edge: .008” Wet Ground
View attachment 2300930View attachment 2300931View attachment 2300932

Sweet job!!!👍👍👍

Bird and Trout
.079” 14c28n @ 62.5 HRC
Blade Length: 3.5”
Handle Length: 4” Coke Bottle Shape
Handle Material: Gcarta
Thickness behind edge: .007” Wet Ground

IMG_9371.jpegIMG_9369.jpegIMG_9370.jpeg

Great looking B&T. I've been watching your thread with lots of interest. You've posted a few knives that I really like. I may look to get on your books early next year if you're taking orders at that time.

Great looking B&T. I've been watching your thread with lots of interest. You've posted a few knives that I really like. I may look to get on your books early next year if you're taking orders at that time.
Thanks, yep should be. I need to post somewhere photos of all my patterns after I consolidate them a bit. I have a lot.

Was the spine too narrow for your branding?

That top view of the handle is crazy, always such clean work :)

I am really excited about this knife, and pattern. The Canadian belt knife is what turned me on to thinking about blade and handle relationships. It’s a classic. This is probably up there with my favorite patterns I’ve drawn up. I’m also a sucker for curly maple.

.100” 14c28n @ 62.5 HRC
Handle Material: Curly Maple/Loveless
Thickness behind edge: .012” Wet Ground
IMG_9379.jpegIMG_9381.jpegIMG_9383.jpeg

Another great looking knife. Really like those blade shapes and the handle looks pretty comfortable.

I am really excited about this knife, and pattern. The Canadian belt knife is what turned me on to thinking about blade and handle relationships. It’s a classic. This is probably up there with my favorite patterns I’ve drawn up. I’m also a sucker for curly maple.

.100” 14c28n @ 62.5 HRC
Handle Material: Curly Maple/Loveless
Thickness behind edge: .012” Wet Ground
View attachment 2319572View attachment 2319573View attachment 2319574
That looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

This one up there with one of my favorites I’ve made maybe. Look ok SwissHeritageCo SwissHeritageCo ?

Puukko Partial tang
.08” Magnacut @ 63.5 HRC
Blade Length: 3.9”
Handle Length: 4.1” Coke Bottle Shape
Handle Material: Black Ultrex/Loveless
Thickness behind edge: .01” Wet Ground
IMG_9430.jpegIMG_9431.jpegIMG_9432.jpegIMG_9433.jpegIMG_9437.jpeg

This one up there with one of my favorites I’ve made maybe. Look ok SwissHeritageCo SwissHeritageCo ?

Puukko Partial tang
.08” Magnacut @ 63.5 HRC
Blade Length: 3.9”
Handle Length: 4.1” Coke Bottle Shape
Handle Material: Black Ultrex/Loveless
Thickness behind edge: .01” Wet Ground
View attachment 2322457View attachment 2322458View attachment 2322459View attachment 2322460View attachment 2322461

4.5oz for a full thick micarta handled knife is full on batty!

It's your most beautiful pattern (yes I'm biased). Digging the shaping on the front of the scales too, adds a touch of refinement ;) and the lanyard isn't missed either - super clean.

4.5oz for a full thick micarta handled knife is full on batty!

It's your most beautiful pattern (yes I'm biased). Digging the shaping on the front of the scales too, adds a touch of refinement ;) and the lanyard isn't missed either - super clean.
Normally I don’t accent fronts of scales because I feel like it’s a waste of usable handle, but thought it would look good on this one

Back