How To Grinding woes

for me, the most important thing as a maker is to be patient with myself, and understand that I'm on a learning curve. This means I can let go of my mistakes and see that there is a steady upward trajectory, so long as I keep my nose to the grindstone

Congrats W Way-Barney on finishing your necker! More importantly, thanks for sharing your pics. It's not easy to share close ups of work that you aren't totally happy with (hint: you'll maybe never be totally "happy" with your own stuff :) ) but you did so anyway in the spirit of improvement. With that mentality, an openness to objective criticism, and PRACTICE, I sincerely have no doubt that you will get to where you want to be in knife making. Way to go! I'll never forget my first knife making experience...and enjoy thinking back on that still.

Best!
John
JV Knives

Congrats W Way-Barney on finishing your necker! More importantly, thanks for sharing your pics. It's not easy to share close ups of work that you aren't totally happy with (hint: you'll maybe never be totally "happy" with your own stuff :) ) but you did so anyway in the spirit of improvement. With that mentality, an openness to objective criticism, and PRACTICE, I sincerely have no doubt that you will get to where you want to be in knife making. Way to go! I'll never forget my first knife making experience...and enjoy thinking back on that still.

Best!
John
JV Knives
Thanks John, That means a lot!

Back