Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

tkcmdNX.jpg

Went with the stag Hartshead Barlow for Saturday. The kids had an event to go to tonight, so Julie and I tried a new place for dinner. When we got there weren’t sure we’d be able to get a table (prom night), but we lucked into a couple seats at the bar. Since we happened to be there in time to watch the Kentucky Derby, I went with a mint julep. (Not pictured, because we were hungry, are the fried walleye appetizer and wood-fired pizza we had, which were great.)

pQxk3l5.jpg

What is actually in a Mint Julep. ????
Bourbon and mint Syrup. The mixture is up to you. I’m of the opinion that bourbon should be liberally used. 😜
I muddle mint leaves with sugar and water, fill the glass with crushed ice, and pour in a good amount of bourbon. Garnish with mint sprigs. May be my favorite cocktail. Love Old Fashioneds too.

What they said. 👆😁 It’s a pretty simple cocktail — bourbon, sugar or simple syrup, fresh mint and ice — and very refreshing!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mint_julep

Vince, I agree, I love a good Old Fashioned. :thumbsup:

Good morning and happy cinco de Mayo Guardians! Beautiful morning to start but the weather is supposed to turn and rain has been forecasted. We need it. Getting ready for my stroll this morning before things take a turn. HHB by my side today.
IMG-4472.jpg
You have a good one there Bill. 👌
We may be sharing the same rainstorm today.

Back