Help/Ideas/Examples- Designing Boot Knife Sheath

Something I did was put Sam Browne studs on the sheaths near the top, then poked a small hole thru the boot top (in an inconspicuous location) for the stud. Worked like a charm!

Here are two sheaths with this treatment:

8iOQBpj.jpg

2ju1vJs.jpg

Last edited:
Something I did was put Sam Browne studs on the sheaths near the top, then poked a small hole thru the boot top (in an inconspicuous location) for the button. Worked like a charm!

Here are two sheaths with this treatment:

8iOQBpj.jpg

2ju1vJs.jpg
Thats a great idea. Years back I did something similar on a pair of saddlebags. I cut a slot in the back side up near the top. Then in a holster similar to this:

DypLBDL.jpg

I would carry the same small revolver as pictured. The clip on the holster went through the slot and the revolver just sat there close to hand. The flap of the saddle bag would cover the revolver, I'd leave the front strap on the saddle bags undone so I could reach in from the saddle and grab the gun if needed. Allowed a very inconspicuous method of carrying which of course is what a boot sheath is all about.

With a wider sheath like in the first post I'd consider giving the sheath a radius it doesn't have to be extreme to make it more comfy.

Back