How Do You Strip Your Becker’s

I used cirustrip - goo both sides, wrap in paper towels, a little more goo, then let sit in a pan for an hour or so - then scrape with a stanley knife blade.

in order to spare the paint under the handles, I pulled the scales, added a layer of blue painter's tape, put the scales back on and cut the tape that wasn't covered by the scales.

after cleanup: wipe down, rinse, wash with dawn or Ajax dish soap, then add a patina via mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, or a soak in phosphoric acid based brewery sanitizer concentrate.
instant coffee works, too -- 1/4-1/3 cup to the pint of HOT water, soak the blade 12-24 hours.

I used cirustrip - goo both sides, wrap in paper towels, a little more goo, then let sit in a pan for an hour or so - then scrape with a stanley knife blade.

in order to spare the paint under the handles, I pulled the scales, added a layer of blue painter's tape, put the scales back on and cut the tape that wasn't covered by the scales.

after cleanup: wipe down, rinse, wash with dawn or Ajax dish soap, then add a patina via mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, or a soak in phosphoric acid based brewery sanitizer concentrate.
instant coffee works, too -- 1/4-1/3 cup to the pint of HOT water, soak the blade 12-24 hours.
Thanks, vik!

GOk0CfG.jpg

l69Zq3A.jpg

JsAGq3x.jpg

J1iHy8H.jpg

Not really. I started by just knocking down the gloss, then went for a worn look, then eventually there was nothing left.

I only did from the edge to the grind line.

I use sand paper on a worn out diamond plate

Last edited:
Not really. I started by just knocking down the gloss, then went for a worn look, then eventually there was nothing left.

I use sand paper on a worn out diamond plate
I used to sand blast my Beckers and would take about 30 sec to blast everything away, but I no longer have access to a blaster, so I just Kleen Strip it now.

About an hour ago, started two BK9s, a BK7, and a BK11 in an aluminum tray covered with Citristrip.

Back