How Do You Strip Your Becker’s

I thought about trying out some Knifeconnection G10 scales, but not sure if the fit on them is good or not.

Just over two hours in…
jBZUBvm.jpeg

91bravo 91bravo the TKC g10 fit is excellent. They are very high quality! They are slightly thinner than the standard Becker scales, I like that about them.

Just over two hours in…
jBZUBvm.jpeg

91bravo 91bravo the TKC g10 fit is excellent. They are very high quality! They are slightly thinner than the standard Becker scales, I like that about them.
Good to know. Then I’ll have to send off to Azwelke for a sheath. A tweener knife is loose in the kydex when you swap to micarta handles.

It’s been 5 hours and it looks like the Citristrip has done absolutely nothing. I’m giving it 8 hours total.

So, lesson in futility and frustration. Citristrip does not work whatsoever on the newer smooth coating of the Becker’s that no longer say “USA”. Don’t even bother! On the older rough textured versions, it needs a good soaking and a capable scraper (as 1066vik 1066vik pointed out above). 8 hours was not a sufficient time for mine to be soaked. Meh.

I’ve used the spray can Kleen Strip and hung it under an LED light and the coating bubbles off in less than an hour. Just a light coating or two. Maybe a razor blade for a couple little spots.
Never used the citristrip.
Maybe it works better under and LED as well?….

I want to grind the harpoon off my BK18 and strip it this weekend.
I’ll post the results here.

I’ve used the spray can Kleen Strip and hung it under an LED light and the coating bubbles off in less than an hour. Just a light coating or two. Maybe a razor blade for a couple little spots.
Never used the citristrip.
Maybe it works better under and LED as well?….

I want to grind the harpoon off my BK18 and strip it this weekend.
I’ll post the results here.
I've never used an LED light, but in my limited experience it works better on warmer days so that makes sense.

That reminds me I should pick up some more Klean Strip too before you can't. I have a couple I want to strip.

The best I've ever used was the 16oz aerosol can of "Jasco Premium Paint and Epoxy Remover". I found it locally at either Home Depot or Lowe's. I haven't found it locally since.

It appears to be available on Amazon...for $30-$40 a can. :eek:

Anyhow, I did my BK-2 with it. I taped-off the area under the scales, and all the way past the pommel. I wanted to keep the powder coat under the scales, and on the pommel, for rust protection. I polished the blade, and topped the knife off with some custom FleaBay wood scales.

Man, I couldn't be happier with the way that my little "2" turned-out. For my eyes, it's Sexy. As. Hell... ❤️

*EDIT- The discoloration on the blade is the reflection of a nearby tree. The blade is like a mirror.

Last edited:

30 minutes coated in the Kleen Strip.
10 minutes with a razor blade and 220 grit sanding block.
40 minutes total. Done!

This is a really slicey knife!
The edge is nice and thin since it has such a high grind. I like it much better without the harpoon on top.
And the sheath doesn’t suck. It’s actually good!
Nice job Ka-bar!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just over two hours in…
jBZUBvm.jpeg

Wow, you really go to town on it..... I just drizzled a little bit with the knife blanks laying on newspaper, wait a couple hours, flip, drizzle, wait, then gentle scrape.
All my Beckers were Super Easy.

Only knife I had issues with was a D2 Benchmade folder I didn't want coated. I think they use DLC? coating process? Idk what that is? That stuff Rocks whatever is is, I had to sand it off and even then that wasn't easy. Very durable.

Back