how to handle knives when leave the world?

life is short but knives last.
when it comes to the end,you still have so many knives,what would you do with them?
1.bring them too in heaven
2.sell them and spend the money
3.give them to son and keep for generations
4.give them to other knife nuts so they would continuously be cherrished
5.give them to gangsters
6.give them to police
7.give them to government
8.bury them in a nice place
9.throw into ocean
10.test and break them(make some videos maybe)
11.melt them to make a metal ball
12.do nothing,let god decide

As I age I am selling the valuable knives that no longer get used or bring me joy. The collection is coming down to small groups in about three categories: Nordic (mostly Finnish puukot) sheath knives, traditional European folders like Opinel and SAK, and Buck 110s and 112s. I would like the collection to number under 30 knives before I am 65, in eight years. At some point before I reach 70 I will give friends and family the chance to pick them over or a younger person the opportunity take an entire category as a start to a collection of their own.

Same with firearms.

Zieg

On a slightly related note, my brother does not have children and has a motorcycle collection (10-15?) Mostly older and none are very expensive etc.

He keeps saying that if anything happens to him he is giving me all the bikes, but he does not want me to sell them. I said "so basically I am going to need to build a new building or rent a mini storage to maintain your old motorcycle collection?"

I told his wife that if he passes before me (he is younger) I will help her sell them and she can have all the money.

As far as my knives my kids can figure it out, unlike bikes they don't take up much space!

With a forum name of Skyer, I imagine you are always looking up? But as a lot of us we can struggle with what to do with anything of value we collect and leave behind.

I started a similar thread seen in here

Myself, I am reducing what I currently have down to a very select few, at least I am trying to do so ;)
G2

Don't collect, have a couple, so when it really gets down to it, you won't look about your amassed collection of stuff in utter discontent and regret

Number 3 if I know I'm dying...

But in all reality - if I'm dying or dead, knives are last thing on my mind...

Back