how to handle knives when leave the world?

#8, then create a map and make them go search for your collection.

#1 line my coffin with them and maybe I'll be dug up in a 1000 years and let some Anthropologists go "WTF"?

Numbers 3 and 4. Give them away so others can enjoy them. Hopefully they won't think I lost my mind spending so much money on guns and knives.

version of number 2 and 3. let kids, grandkids, great grand kids etc pick what they want to inherit. then sell the rest and leave the money for your family.

no relatives want to deal with piles of things they don't understand or care about. they want money. folks don't like to hear this truth, but it's the truth. make it easy on them. don't leave a room filled with collectibles, they don't want or care about, to deal with.

Buried with me, and my two favorite stones and a burnishing steel.

St. Peter: “Well, you don’t really deserve admittance, but my knives and scissors are getting dull. So I think I can sneak you in, if you shut up and keep your nose clean…”

Me: “Wow, thanks! I don’t need a mansion or anything, just a small cabin and an old truck full of tools. In fact, tell you what: give me the old truck full of tools and I’ll build the small cabin myself.”

Parker

Last edited:
if the knives are special, I'll try to make arrangement before passing to whatever is next.

if they aren't special, I probably won't be too concerned after I'm dead

#12 . ( 3 not an option )

If there's a heaven for me , it's full of old friends , cool knives and guns , pets , hot cars / babes . 😇

I'll be way too busy to worry about what's left behind ...hopefully ! 🙏

I am now 74, still in reasonable health, yet am wrestling with this question. I have begun to sell some that arent used, and am considering selling more. One thought is to leave each grandchild a sora starter kit,; a fighting knife, a Bowie, a camp knife, hunting knife, machete, hatchet, and edc. then let son have the rest, yet sell down to a reasonable number first. This new tax policy has come at a terrible time for me to monetize some that dont fit in the plan. It has been fun collecting, still is, yet now comes the hard part.

I give zero flips about what happens to my stuff when I die. If someone gets joy out of them, great! If a savvy family member figures out my collection is worth 10s of thousands of dollars, good for them! Sell em! If they are lumped in a box and sold for enough money at a yard sale to buy the family a pizza dinner and a movie, awesome. enjoy that. It matters more than my hundreds of pounds of steel kicking around and what it is "worth".

We only have the here and now, worry about what we leave behind is silly.

I give zero flips about what happens to my stuff when I die. If someone gets joy out of them, great! If a savvy family member figures out my collection is worth 10s of thousands of dollars, good for them! Sell em! If they are lumped in a box and sold for enough money at a yard sale to buy the family a pizza dinner and a movie, awesome. enjoy that. It matters more than my hundreds of pounds of steel kicking around and what it is "worth".

im good with your plan. its a too each their own routine.....but there is nothing silly about worrying about ones family after we are gone and making their sorting through an estate while grieving process, easier.......

life is short but knives last.
when it comes to the end,you still have so many knives,what would you do with them?
1.bring them too in heaven
2.sell them and spend the money
3.give them to son and keep for generations
4.give them to other knife nuts so they would continuously be cherrished
5.give them to gangsters
6.give them to police
7.give them to government
8.bury them in a nice place
9.throw into ocean
10.test and break them(make some videos maybe)
11.melt them to make a metal ball
12.do nothing,let god decide

My first choice would be #3 - but, if your son knows little about knives and doesn't care to know, then he's not going to get the value out of them. You could always leave an estimated value (dated, of course) with your important papers and make sure he knows where those are. Right now I'm stuck with a guitar that, although he gave it to me, my Dad had been keeping for me. I could get $5-6,000 out of it quickly, it's #29 in the first run of 30, ~160 total; but, I might get as much as $40k out of it if I find the right buyer. Rare guitar dealers are notoriously hard to negotiate with on price, you always hear "well, I'm buying it to re-sell so quote your own price". I won't deny them a profit, but I don't want to sell it for 1/10th its value, either.

Dad did a lot of research on the gun - but he didn't keep records. Do whoever gets your knives a huge favor and keep an updated list for them to use when it's time. Just my 2p.

While that's a good life philosophy, it puts your heirs at an extreme disadvantage especially if they aren't knife people. I try to think about those people that I may leave behind, people who care for me, not myself.

I and all my knives will be smelted down together T2 style.

bthe-t-800bbrbrbas-seen-inb-terminator-2-judgment-day-1991br_h6y6.1080.jpg

Well all I have is left handed knives and my family is all right handed ~ Plus I don't know anyone that really cares about knives in the same sense as I do ... So when My Time Comes ~ It's Pickings For The Grand kids ;)

Back