Inyoni and Backpacker available to order direct!

Here is what the CR website shows for current lead times...

I might look for one at a dealer, 1.5 - 2yrs is a too long for me to wait for a production knife.
Do any of the dealers have an Inyoni available to order?

Here’s a pic of the Inyoni between a Large Inkosi and Small Sebenza. Also a pic of the kydex sheath. It does not come with any kind of clip. I added the Ulti Clip. The sheath has an interesting feature of a small screw to adjust retention as well as being cut out around the handle scales. The cutout makes the sheath more slim, but I could see this also requiring more attention when putting the knife away as there is less margin for error compared to a typical kydex sheath.

Both the Camper and Inyoni felt really nice in hand. The Inyoni came home with me since it was a little more different than others I already own, but I went back and forth for several minutes before deciding.

I’m not understanding why they didn’t go over part of the handles with the kydex. I would be worried carrying that thing as a neck knife.

The inyoni does look like a perfect ultralight backpacker's blade, as PiterM PiterM said. I was going to order one, but I'm not sure I want to deal with those wait times.

Wonder if they'll come out with other versions in the meantime... I'd love an inyoni with light brown wooden scales and a tan or gray taco kydex sheath. I have a box elder mnandi, and together with the inyoni, I think I wouldn't need another blade.

And another year of outdoor duty has just started for my Inyoni V2. Happy New Year!

inyoni2storm_web-3.jpg

inyoni2storm_web-1.jpg

inyoni2storm_web-5.jpg

inyoni2storm_web-7.jpg

Still waiting for the backpacker to become available at dealers. If anyone sees them come up, let me know!

If I ever see the Backpacker or Inyoni, it's an instant buy for me. Haven't had much luck with any popping up though.

Reactions: DMG
*Crickets* Any news on either of these? Seems like CRK has been cranking everything out, BUT these. Any Intel on if/when these are coming out?

I placed an order through Reeve for an Inyoni 9 months ago. The estimated wait time then was 1.5 years, same as shown now. No word since then.

I've also been monitoring dealers to see if one pops up- no luck there.

I need a very lightweight knife for hiking & backpacking. This looks like it will fit the bill nicely. Trying to be patient...

Last edited:
to be fair they haven’t updated their expected dates at all… wonder if someone forgot to update the website…

I ordered Backpacker 6/4/2022 and have not heard anything after that...
I ordered an inyoni at about the same time, haven't heard anything either. That being said, when I ordered my small sebenza directly (ordered in August 2020, received in September 2021) I didn't hear anything until they were ready to build and ship it. I've been figuring on seeing something around Christmas time at this point... If it's shorter I'll be over the moon, even if it's longer it isn't like I don't have enough knives laying around to cut what needs cutting.

Reactions: Lay
I placed an order for them same day they released.. called 3 months later and was told originally 2 years.

I cancelled the order as I have zero faith in their dates given... after the pushed an order on me out and additional two years on something I ordered in 2021 and added the price increase.

I learned patience ordering my Randall. Then ordering a DT Damascus for my Classic MM, 1 yr 11 mo. Now waiting for a blade for my Zaan, approx October.

I've found the only way to survive these lead times is to train yourself to forget you ever even ordered them.

I'm with sailfish sailfish I forgot that I even ordered mine until all you knuckleheads started posting on here again. I'm getting pinged all of a sudden about this topic since I was on the thread. I think I'm going to unwatch it, and just sit back until I get that surprise out of the blue for a new knife that I don't even need. Looking forward to it.

Back