Inyoni and Backpacker available to order direct!

If you're looking for one, I saw mummert knives makes one like this that looks nice.
I just found those and think I’ll order it. Is it for inside the waistband only? I’d like something to attach to a pack, belt, bag. I’m leaning towards the teklok, but it is bulky.

Got my Backpacker from REC today. Natural canvas micarta. I'm super impressed by how lightweight it is. This is actually going to push out my CPK Dek1. I know that they are categorically different knives, but for personal use, the backpacker is perfect. I'm going to attach an ulti-clip and wear it around the house IWB.

Got my Backpacker from REC today. Natural canvas micarta. I'm super impressed by how lightweight it is. This is actually going to push out my CPK Dek1. I know that they are categorically different knives, but for personal use, the backpacker is perfect. I'm going to attach an ulti-clip and wear it around the house IWB.
I received mine as well. Was shocked how light it was. I’m going with a small TekLok to see how it will be on a hiking pack.

I received mine as well. Was shocked how light it was. I’m going with a small TekLok to see how it will be on a hiking pack.
I'm not going back through all 4 pages to see if this already came up, but I think the only improvement might be a little jimping on the spine. It's totally fine and good to go as is, but that might step it up a notch.

I'm not going back through all 4 pages to see if this already came up, but I think the only improvement might be a little jimping on the spine. It's totally fine and good to go as is, but that might step it up a notch.
I agree. When checking it out, I even said to myself, “Hmm, no jimping.” However, it’s a perfect spot to use a ferro rod.

I’m a CRK fan, both the backpacker and inyoni give me a chubby - however they dropped the ball on the sheaths in my opinion. They should have come with leather or at least make it an option. just my $0.02

I placed an order through Reeve for an Inyoni 9 months ago. The estimated wait time then was 1.5 years, same as shown now. No word since then.

I've also been monitoring dealers to see if one pops up- no luck there.

I need a very lightweight knife for hiking & backpacking. This looks like it will fit the bill nicely. Trying to be patient...
https://www.ula-equipment.com/product/ula-alpha-knife/ is nice and light.

Looks nice. Do you think it could be mounted higher, extending past the top of the kydex, to get it lower in the pocket?
Absolutely, but at that point you might need the smaller clip, tho the 3.3 still might fit those holes. But as the clip goes higher it will affect deployment because the clip is in the way of your thumb, especially with how thin the sheath it is. As mine is, the clip still interferes a bit, but it’s not terrible.

Do you think the knife is too long to ride horizontally on the belt at, say, the 10 to 11 ish position? Will it be printing under a shirt and snagging obnoxiously? Man, I'd like to think it's doable.
It might work for that. It’s a small knife. You can see how small it is against the backdrop I have it with of a normal sized coaster. The sheath is super thin so that will help with printing. The inyoni might be overall the better choice for a horizontal Set up, because it’s less tall, but you might be able to get away with either.

Just checking in to say that I removed the scales from the handle. First off, they are milled out quite a bit, which is nice. Second, my screws were tightened down by Husky Hank, and can report that they weren't at risk of falling off. But, I can also report that the handle is awful without the scales. The entire thing is a hot spot because the edges are in no way chamfered. If I remember my calculation, it saves about 1.3oz to have scales and screws removed. Just thought I'd share!

And here’s the inyoni with the ulticlip 3.3. For those that want to carry IWB, I did a little testing. I put the ulticlip on the right side of the sheath where you see that the holes would line up perfectly. This makes deploying the knife much easier since the clip is in the way of your thumb while on the left side. But, when the clip is mounted on the right side, the angle causes the handle to rub against your side. Not the least comfortable thing, but it got annoying real fast to me. YMMV. With the clip mounted on the left like in the picture, the angle while wearing IWB is changed enough to where I barely notice I’m wearing a knife. So for those wanting to use the 3.3 ulticlip, you have a choice between comfort, or easy of deployment.

Attachments

• E9692404-42A9-4CDB-858D-733D6B2B7DF5.jpeg
    E9692404-42A9-4CDB-858D-733D6B2B7DF5.jpeg
    770 KB · Views: 20
And here’s the inyoni with the ulticlip 3.3. For those that want to carry IWB, I did a little testing. I put the ulticlip on the right side of the sheath where you see that the holes would line up perfectly. This makes deploying the knife much easier since the clip is in the way of your thumb while on the left side. But, when the clip is mounted on the right side, the angle causes the handle to rub against your side. Not the least comfortable thing, but it got annoying real fast to me. YMMV. With the clip mounted on the left like in the picture, the angle while wearing IWB is changed enough to where I barely notice I’m wearing a knife. So for those wanting to use the 3.3 ulticlip, you have a choice between comfort, or easy of deployment.
Seems like it would be a challenge getting it back into the sheath when worn IWB. Am I wrong?

Seems like it would be a challenge getting it back into the sheath when worn IWB. Am I wrong?
Because the sheath is so thin, you will need to proceed with caution lol. But I do it and it’s been fine. If I’m carrying IWB, it’s usually with gym shorts, so I can pull the sheath away from my waist.

They made the design choice to omit the flared opening that we normally see on kydex. This makes it low profile and, more importantly, means that it snaps onto the blade and not the handle scales. The flip side of the coin is that reholstering will require a little more care, regardless of carry position.

I really want one but when the time comes I'll probably have a leather sheath made.

Back