Photos Knives and tea, pix thread

Happy New Knife Monday!

In a steel discussion thread a month or so ago I mentioned I did not have a knife in AEB-L but would like to try one someday. Wild Willie Wild Willie reached out and offered to loan me one! There are some great guys hanging around in Blade Forums (or is it “on” Blade Forums…). He mailed me a @David Mary knife in AEB-L. I test drove it for a couple weeks and liked it so when I mailed it back home, I ordered myself a knife in AEB-L and this is what I ended up with! It’s flawless and will be my go-to EDC fixed blade for a long time to come.

View attachment 2492635

View attachment 2492636
Excellent. That's a really nice looking blade.

Steel & tea nightcap. Man, the stuff I find in my pockets. That's what I get for wearing BDU's with all those pockets.

Attachments

• 20240212_223652.jpg
    20240212_223652.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240212_225847.jpg
    20240212_225847.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 3
Happy Tuesday! This 2019 Buck 112 Slim Pro has been one of my favorite EDC folders for close to 5 years since it showed up in the mailbox. It’s been carried more than any other in that timeframe. I love everything about it except the S30V. If it was 425Mod, 420HC, or AEB-L it would be perfect (well to truly be perfect, Buck would have to license the round hole from Spyderco instead of the thumb stud). I love the Micarta, the light weight, and the pocket clip. I know this pocket clip is polarizing: people either love it or hate it. I love it.

9BE13A31-C09F-47D8-84A4-2E6D5F9AE402.jpeg

Happy (Two) New Knife Saturday!!

Jakeywax31 Jakeywax31 ran a very generous giveaway over on The Porch - in the traditional forum. If y’all don’t spend any time over there, you should stop by and set a spell. There are some great folks, great knives, and I always learn something.

Anyhow, he pulled my name out of the hat as the winner of lot one, and these two beauties were waiting on me in the mailbox when I got home from work. My wife isn’t surprised when knives show up in the mailbox, but I’m not fully convinced that she believed me when I told her a random stranger on the internet sent me these two for free. LOL!

The first is a 2015 Trestle Pine Knives “Superior” model. The scales are old growth Ash recovered from the bottom of a lake or river. The best estimate is that tree would have been a sapling approximately 700 years ago. Very cool!

The second is a 2023 Case Autumn Jigged Bone Mini-Trapper in Case XX 1095 Carbon Steel. I’m almost embarrassed to admit it, but I think this may be the first bone handled knife in my collection, and I’m definitely a fan.

Thank you again, Jakeywax31!

498E8B6F-1A7D-477A-AB4D-253843E238D1.jpeg

One of my wife’s friends grew and dried some orange mint. I like it well enough as a tea on it’s own, but have really liked adding one or two leaves of it to some loose-leaf black teas.

I’ve read that some would argue that orange mint tea isn’t really tea at all, but an herbal infusion since it doesn’t have any part of a tea tree in it. I suppose they’re correct, but my pinky doesn’t ride high enough to care. :) LOL!

5142897C-1497-4E58-8A77-0EF8A7FD6E62.jpeg

Culprit, I'm really diggin' your son's improvised cutting board. As the old saying goes, "Improvise, adapt, overcome".

And a visual greeting from a SYKCo WD5 hangin' out with a Rat 2 in AUS-8 that's usually an in the car beater blade. View attachment 2504910
Thank you. My wife wouldn’t let him use any of her cutting boards from the kitchen because of the chemicals so we scrounged around in the garage looking for something that would hold some juices and clean up easy. Bingo. Improvise, adapt, and overcome!

Back