Photos Knives in Trees II

N013071.jpg

How's the otf hold up against sawdust and stump grindings in the pocket? That's one of the biggest reservations I have about carrying one.
terrible lol. i only have a sample of 2 OTFs that i carried while taking stumps out, my benchmade shootout and the cypher 2. to be fair, i only carried the cypher 2 while grinding for one day, my shootout i carried for half of the summer last year. the shootout worked, but was constantly gritty but to its credit, it never failed. i stopped carrying it for out side work when i sharpened it, spent the next day grinding stumps all day and the dirt stuck inside the chassis waxed my fresh edge lol. i wanted to carry the cypher 2 while grinding just for a comparison. the cypher 2 was gritty, but still functioned. i will not be carrying an OTF for outside work anymore because the risk of all of the dirt killing the edge while the blade travels in and out of the chassis. as far as function, like i said, the shootout worked without fail. i picked up a microtech MSI for outside work carry.

terrible lol. i only have a sample of 2 OTFs that i carried while taking stumps out, my benchmade shootout and the cypher 2. to be fair, i only carried the cypher 2 while grinding for one day, my shootout i carried for half of the summer last year. the shootout worked, but was constantly gritty but to its credit, it never failed. i stopped carrying it for out side work when i sharpened it, spent the next day grinding stumps all day and the dirt stuck inside the chassis waxed my fresh edge lol. i wanted to carry the cypher 2 while grinding just for a comparison. the cypher 2 was gritty, but still functioned. i will not be carrying an OTF for outside work anymore because the risk of all of the dirt killing the edge while the blade travels in and out of the chassis. as far as function, like i said, the shootout worked without fail. i picked up a microtech MSI for outside work carry.
I wondered... Thank you, guess I'll stick with the CRKs for work. đź‘Ť At least I can blow the sawdust out on the job, or dig it out with a toothpick.

Back