New Becker Patrol Pack?

Gus, it's got enough adjustment it might work for you. It helps that the shoulder straps are fully adjustable and can be swapped out if needed. The belt is also removable if needed, but ots got a lot of room for adjustment.

Got it. Cool pack. Lots of adjustments. Not sure how good it would work for someone taller than me. Have to mess with it a bit. Lots of straps, haha. Almost confusing, until I get something in it, that is. Sorry for the crappy indoor photos.

Does anyone have any idea how well this might fit a smaller person? Asking for a friend! ;)

that's really the question. i like the orange, for visibility and perk. god knows i do not need more milspec green in my life...

so. mmm. time to go inspect my collection of packs, esp the two sizes of BPP and see if they need selling too.

many things to move. progress.

that's really the question. i like the orange, for visibility and perk. god knows i do not need more milspec green in my life...

It's very, very bright orange at that. I'm a fan, as a fan of orange. Also, my kids will have little trouble finding me in a crowd, the woods, or supermarket while wearing. Why wear it in a supermarket? No idea, but why not.

Mora kansbol in orange for color reference. The mora is more of a burnt orange. The Becker is very much a hunter orange... it's bright. I've been playing around with how to fit some winter camping kit during some work from home days the past week. It's a good sized pack.
4MtEklEl.jpg

5qBNNB5l.jpg

It's very, very bright orange at that. I'm a fan, as a fan of orange. Also, my kids will have little trouble finding me in a crowd, the woods, or supermarket while wearing. Why wear it in a supermarket? No idea, but why not.

Mora kansbol in orange for color reference. The mora is more of a burnt orange. The Becker is very much a hunter orange... it's bright. I've been playing around with how to fit some winter camping kit during some work from home days the past week. It's a good sized pack.
4MtEklEl.jpg

5qBNNB5l.jpg
i have several orange mora 2000s :D

in my collection of various BPPs found on the internet, there were a few done up in that crazy neon green ...

that would be awesome.

burnt/hunter orange in the Fall around here, does a good job as camoflage for that time of year

the green is visible, but nothing like "tarp blue" - that color pierces the landscaping...

i have several orange mora 2000s :D

in my collection of various BPPs found on the internet, there were a few done up in that crazy neon green ...

that would be awesome.

burnt/hunter orange in the Fall around here, does a good job as camoflage for that time of year

the green is visible, but nothing like "tarp blue" - that color pierces the landscaping...
I have read that blue stands out as highly visible to deer. I don’t recall why, but it was based on the photoreceptors in their eyes, as I recall. Just food for thought.

I have read that blue stands out as highly visible to deer. I don’t recall why, but it was based on the photoreceptors in their eyes, as I recall. Just food for thought.

blue (like tarps) tends to be extremely visible from the air as well, so pools, tarps, and such really POP while flying about

good if you want rescue, bad if you are trying to hide

also good for knife handles, and so on if you don't want to lose things

deer? good. they need to run...

Gus, it's got enough adjustment it might work for you. It helps that the shoulder straps are fully adjustable and can be swapped out if needed. The belt is also removable if needed, but ots got a lot of room for adjustment.
Good to know!

Wow I like that orange.

Haven’t needed a backpack in years. Still don’t need one, but I enjoy looking. I’m amazed at how far materials have come. The last proper pack I used was an REI Evening Star and it looks like a dinosaur compared to this new stuff.

More pics please!
How does everyone who got one like it so far?are the straps comfy?
Good info about the side pocket fitting a 40oz hydro flask, thats the size i use!
Patiently waiting for mine to ship!

More pics please!
How does everyone who got one like it so far?are the straps comfy?
Good info about the side pocket fitting a 40oz hydro flask, thats the size i use!
Patiently waiting for mine to ship!

I haven't packed with it yet but I can say the shoulder straps are a little crazy to get aligned since they are removeable and have webbing attaching to the pack at the top. It just makes it easy to get twisted up a little. Not a big thing, but a thing I've notice rucking it up and down the stairs as I continue filling it with winter camping gear to see how it all fits.

I think I just need food, cooking stuff, and the winter quilt and it will be good for overnighters into the 20's. It's snug with the tent stove but fits. I have a lot of warmth accessories crammed in like mil-surp gloves and hats and a puffy jacket which takes up a lot of room. Camp lounging stuff. There is a lot of small spots to strap things to the outside, but I'm actually finding the slide behind pocket things (all external pockets allow for things to be slid behind them) less useful at the moment than I thought as they are pretty slim. Good for slender things, a hawk handle, tent poles, or something like that maybe, but I'm not sure I could get something slightly bulkier like skis through there. I get it, not exactly designed for that, just makes me wonder what could go there if those won't. I almost feel like the smaller pockets wouldn't been more useful with the bottom sewn so it ends up being a hidden pouch, maybe a future mod. I can hide my treats from the kids.

There is nearly a confusing amount of adjustment on the pack. I think I may cut off some of the elastic strap keepers and just use the velcro on the ends to roll up the straps. I like that on my hidden woodsman haversack and I think it's a cleaner look when you have a lot of strap left over but you don't want to cut it shorter. I think this allows a huge amount personal customization and makes it a very versatile if you're willing to play with it.

Here's the current look. I just remembered I have an empty pouch on the lid for flashlights, maybe I'll carabiner a lantern on the outside since it has better battery life. The front/back of my tent stove is in the very bottom of the pack, the stuff sack on top of that is the floorless tent. I will have to overstuff to get the quilt and food in there and I'm not sure if the pot will go in the pack or if I'll attach it to the molle, in which case I'll probably use my canteen set.

I know I have more than the essentials, but I would rather see what I can fit into it 1st for reference and then go from there. The tent stove is a new thing to me and it takes up a fair bit of space and isn't weightless, so I'm not sure if that would make the cut, but it is a lot of fun to play with so far and it makes the evenings more enjoyable to just feed it wood and get cozy.

Thanks for the review and extra pictures!

I wanted to share the great customer service i have been experiencing with Bongo Gear!
I ordered the pack on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and wasn’t expecting it to go out until Tuesday. I got an automated message that same day that it had shipped. I thought it must just be the label that was created and it wouldn’t go out until Tuesday still. Tuesday i got a personal email from the owner that he went out of his way and sent it out the same day i ordered! Amazing!
The tracking hadn’t moved at all by that Friday (6/3) so i sent a message asking if maybe i had the wrong tracking. That same day i got an email that not only did he go down to the UPS store where he had shipped it from, he also checked in with the Post Office it had been sent to. They had told him that because of the holiday it probably hadn’t been scanned yet and would be eventually. Later that day, i got another email that the post office had sent him a note that they had found my package and it had been sitting at the post office the whole time! I was glad to hear it had been found and could start moving. Things like that happen sometimes and i know how busy the post office can be, especially if there is a short week/ holiday.
Today i got another email apologizing for the situation and letting me know when i could expect my package. Which i thought was very nice since it wasn’t his fault at all!

I don’t mean to make it sound like the issues that occurred should be expected when ordering from this company. I just wanted to share this story to highlight what good communication, dedication and customer service Bongo Gear has shown me, even before receiving my purchase! I truly appreciate it.
Issues come up in life, it’s how we handle them that matter!

Thanks for the review and extra pictures!

I wanted to share the great customer service i have been experiencing with Bongo Gear!
I ordered the pack on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and wasn’t expecting it to go out until Tuesday. I got an automated message that same day that it had shipped. I thought it must just be the label that was created and it wouldn’t go out until Tuesday still. Tuesday i got a personal email from the owner that he went out of his way and sent it out the same day i ordered! Amazing!
The tracking hadn’t moved at all by that Friday (6/3) so i sent a message asking if maybe i had the wrong tracking. That same day i got an email that not only did he go down to the UPS store where he had shipped it from, he also checked in with the Post Office it had been sent to. They had told him that because of the holiday it probably hadn’t been scanned yet and would be eventually. Later that day, i got another email that the post office had sent him a note that they had found my package and it had been sitting at the post office the whole time! I was glad to hear it had been found and could start moving. Things like that happen sometimes and i know how busy the post office can be, especially if there is a short week/ holiday.
Today i got another email apologizing for the situation and letting me know when i could expect my package. Which i thought was very nice since it wasn’t his fault at all!

I don’t mean to make it sound like the issues that occurred should be expected when ordering from this company. I just wanted to share this story to highlight what good communication, dedication and customer service Bongo Gear has shown me, even before receiving my purchase! I truly appreciate it.
Issues come up in life, it’s how we handle them that matter!

I also received great CS from Bongo. I was curious about the belt rig and he was very responsive and accommodating of a fairly large amount of questions. He also made some minor adjustments to one for me as I was slightly uncertain of the size, being right near the max of the size range.

Unfortunately, I haven't used the belt yet or have it kitted up as I've been messing and testing other things, but I'll get there. It will be part of my trail maintenance carry where loppers, machete/parang, and saw do most of the heavy lifting.

Ordered one . Received it. Very quickly. bongo gear has their shit together.
What I’m looking for is a bag that has some of the features. But something that you can also move around in an occupied area without drawing too much attention. Might be too much to ask.
I guess I’m looking for a somewhat inconspicuous bug out bag.

Great gear. Fast shipping. I’m just offering an idea. Thanks

Ordered one . Received it. Very quickly. bongo gear has their shit together.
What I’m looking for is a bag that has some of the features. But something that you can also move around in an occupied area without drawing too much attention. Might be too much to ask.
I guess I’m looking for a somewhat inconspicuous bug out bag.

Great gear. Fast shipping. I’m just offering an idea. Thanks
You might consider one of Goruck’s GR series packs for that. They are offered in several colors, and tend to be rather “slick-sided” with more features hidden inside the main compartment. Not shilling for them. Just occurred to me based on what you say you’re looking for.

One of these Becker packs is really calling my name.

Back