New to RHK - Need Help

Congrats on the new slicer. As for as the anodized hardware...you need two XM's now, one to customize and one to keep stock.:D

There are nice (and still quite useable) decked out. Some Ano, Some SF (Steel Flame) maybe a lanyard/Bead.... mix some colors OR just change it up every couple months for a new-fresh feel/look.

Bottom line. Personalize it as you see fit and carry it! :)

Congrats on the Knife, as you can see - one of My Personal Favorites and is an EDC in every sense of the word.
I like it so much (as is) this one hasn't gotten much in the way of accessories save for the lanyard and bead.
Others, I have done up but still EDC and use with abandon.

I just bought this,
- Brand New from dealer
- Orange scale
- Slicer blade
- Flipper

It is more then RHK cost, but I want a new one, so I will pay... They let me use my business UPS overnight label (I get crazy cheap rates) so I will have it tomorrow.

View attachment 570593

Very nice! I just got this one today.

Congrats. The 3" is a great EDC size. The Slicer will be great also. Problem is you won't be satisfied with just one :)
Will need pics when it comes.

Ok, knife arrived. Small and light! I did the 1AllPub treatment. Seems to work better. Weird, I hear a slight squeak when I open and close the blade VERY slowly. Still figuring out the flip 100% of the time. Can do it sometimes. I used Nano Oil, I wonder if I should try Daiwa oil, just don't know where to purchase it. I stripped 2 of the screws that holds the scale, how do I buy another? (DAMN!!, Must have been the hex key). The screws on mine were 1/16" hex. HELP!!!

First Off, Back away from the Coffee Cup....

If you in fact "stripped" the screw heads then yes you'll need to get another set of screws (maybe extra) and make sure you also have the correct tool.
Ease up and maybe lay off the weights for awhile.
Assuming the screws are "in place" enjoy the knife in the mean time.

first off, back away from the coffee cup....

If you in fact "stripped" the screw heads then yes you'll need to get another set of screws (maybe extra) and make sure you also have the correct tool.
Ease up and maybe lay off the weights for awhile.
Assuming the screws are "in place" enjoy the knife in the mean time.

Rubi - LOL :)

Yes the screws are in place. Still trying the flip even after watching the videos. My other brands flip easy, I guess I have to learn.

Flipping is a technique that you will learn quickly. 1AllPub has several videos which I'm sure you have already watched. Be patient also. There is a break-in period for all new knives. It does not take long for them to get real smooth.
Replacement screws can be purchased from one of the RHK dealers. Get a good 1/16" hex bit or driver from Wiha or such.

I wish I the Facebook page wasn't Facebook. I can not justify signing up for face book to try and trade my scales.

Well good news ! I got a nice driver set and went to take out the stripped screws from my handle and replace them with the new ones that arrived today from Monkey Edge. Surprise, they were not stripped. I guess the crappy allen key was rounded off but the new 1/16 bit fit perfectly and all is good. Now the better news. After a couple days of watching (Jon) 1 All's Pub on YT and PRACTICE I have this XM-18 3" slicer flipping awesome. Thank you to everyone that explained all the in's and out's to my first XM-18 !!

Now Monday I should have a blue scale, camo scale and on and on.... I do love my Sebenzas but these have some many custom parts it will be fun to mix and match! Have a great weekend. Howard

Glad to hear that it all worked out for you.
They will only become more a pleasure to use & own from this point.

Back