Ontario Knife Company Sold?

I think Jake 13 is justified in his concerns and I wonder how many other Ontario Knife customers are going to find themselves in the same boat!

I think Ontario's warranty policies should have been worked out in advance of any sale. Leaving customers hanging does not exactly show a lot of respect or concern for their customers.

By the way, welcome to the forum Jake13.

I think Jake 13 is justified in his concerns and I wonder how many other Ontario Knife customers are going to find themselves in the same boat!

I think Ontario's warranty policies should have been worked out in advance of any sale. Leaving customers hanging does not exactly show a lot of respect or concern for their customers.

By the way, welcome to the forum Jake13.
Thank you! Glad to be here!

Isn't GSM based out of Irving, TX. So I doubt the new buyer is them.
GSM bought Cold Steel, previously headquartered in Ventura, California. They also purchased SOG Knives, previously headquartered in Santa Monica, California. Their money talks just as loud in NY.

Hopefully the new owner(s) is(are) benevolent.

Edit: I previously missed the detail that the new owner is based in Virginia, so yes, it's probably not GSM. I'm glad other BF members can read closer than I.

Last edited:
Asset Purchase Agreement With Blue Ridge Knives, Inc, Pursuant To Which Buyer Has Agreed To Purchase Substantially All Of The Inventory For A Price Of Of $2.1M

GSM bought Cold Steel, previously headquartered in Ventura, California. They also purchased SOG Knives, previously headquartered in Santa Monica, California. Their money talks just as loud in NY.

Hopefully the new owner(s) is(are) benevolent.
he's saying not gsm as that Facebook post by the employee said new owners are in Virginia.....gsm isn't in Virginia....and gsm's owners gridiron capital are in CT.

Asset Purchase Agreement With Blue Ridge Knives, Inc, Pursuant To Which Buyer Has Agreed To Purchase Substantially All Of The Inventory For A Price Of Of $2.1M

says bought the inventory.....wonder if they bought the name too and trademarks etc?

guess we'll find out....

Back