Pics of your handle material organization system?

I have a few piles of material.

I have wood in bins or slots on shelves by species.

I have synthetic scales/blocks in their own bin, liner material in a bin, and vintage micarta in a bin.

Some other stuff I keep separate as well. I have bone, ivory, mammoth tooth, and maybe a few other rarer higher end stuff separate as well.

When I get an order material gets pulled and stacked into the processing bin where it will get split, trimmed, flattened, etc. Then glued up and placed in the finished bin.

I also have a separate tray full of scales Iā€™ve glued up that Iā€™ve thought of for future builds.

Itā€™s kinda an organized mess.

Here are some shots of the boxes of wood blocks ready to load in the trailer. One of the trailer when loaded and one 243 miles later. You can see the advantage of the even size bins for storage, transport, and display. I'll some shots of them on the tables later. The empty place on the floor is where I placed the traffic cone I set in front of the trailer in the parking lot so I can hook back up easily when ready to leave.

wood storage.jpgwood storage 1.jpgwood storage 2.jpg wood storage.jpgwood storage 1.jpgwood storage 2.jpg

Last edited:
These are my stabilized wood shelves, I do have more blocks in boxes, but the shelves is what my customers view first. The blue thingy is a 3D print I designed to hold my mosaic pins and other pins too. After that, two steps from them, I invite my customers to see my special steels shelves :cool:

Pablo

UxFcHjM.jpeg

K8Ag9xW.png

AHmZJNp.png

I like to see what I have. If it gets hidden away in a box or drawer it will be forgotten. I use these peg board racks. They work great for my needs. Holds plenty of material and I always know what I have at my disposal.

E210AF86-926F-480A-84D2-7B94A337B237.jpeg
The rack has filled up a bit more since this photo was taken, but you get the idea.

There is a big difference between storage and organization.. some of you definitely have organization..I have storage. I do know where and what it all is at least.. And I should probably stop buying mammoth and start using it.

Attachments

• DSC_0366.JPG
    DSC_0366.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0367.JPG
    DSC_0367.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0368.JPG
    DSC_0368.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0369.JPG
    DSC_0369.JPG