Spyderco Military 2

I doubt that we will get any photos before release because a photo is an invitation for criticism. Change this and that and have it to me by next week...

What we know is that the choil is deeper, it has a four position clip, and a compression lock.

Deeper choil? Well, true to post#2, here comes the "input". One thing I LOVE about the Millie as it already exists is the choil.

For realz? A quick search reveals this idea has been kicked around for many years. Is it now time???

Remember the PM2 than PM1, and now i think the Spyderco Flagship model. I have many different Military, and I will buythe new one.

My guess would be after the new factory is completed. The last I heard, the production que in their current facility was 18 to 24 months long. Hopefully the new factory will be able to shorten that a bit.

EDIT TO UPDATE…

I cancelled my pre order. I have so many millies and I know I am not a fan of the compression lock. After lots of thought, for me to buy this one, its gonna have to be in a sprint form.

I just preordered mine from Knifecenter. They are up on the site and I got an email from KC saying that the shipment from spyderco is on the way.
C46AC1A5-112C-4980-B812-0EA4E9921D39.png

Last edited:
Ugh I'm really liking this blade but just bought a Police 4 to tie me over not expecting it to be ready so soon. My wallet is going to break me

I have two of these clips on the way to me. One for my GB2 and one that is going to go on the M2. Of course they are stuck somewhere in the p.o.s. Post Office, listed as arriving later than planned. Been sitting in the Wash.DC distribution center for almost 72 hours.

57ACD26A-A25E-48B3-BF6F-51CF4F69B1EC.jpegA97B82CB-4B6A-4C69-BFDB-356B5463A9D4.jpeg

I would prefer a lefty model. The lefty Military is my EDC.

I don't see a real need for lefty model compression lock knives. I'm a righty and can manipulate the compression lock just fine with my left thumb to close the knife. Just let the choil fall on index finger and finish closing with thumb like a back lock. As for opening, use the ambidextrous thumb hole.

I *might* actually buy one if they made a "lefty" version. My lefty PM2 is the only compression lock knife I can stand to use right-handed.

Any idea when these will be shipping out to the dealers?

I'm looking forward to this release. Ideally I would hold out for a different steel option but 1) S30V is a good user, and 2) I don't think I can wait that long :)

I'm looking forward to this release. Ideally I would hold out for a different steel option but 1) S30V is a good user, and 2) I don't think I can wait that long :)
I could not wait either. Typically I like other steels as well, but I have heard a lot of folks say that Spyderco does S30V really well.

With the prices of knives these days, I'm no longer buying righty only knives.

Back