Spyderco Military 2

I pre-ordered the M2 last night. I've got three originals but the compression lock is an improvement over the liner lock in my opinion. Primarily as it's the only style lock that caused me blood loss.

Bladehq has em in stock. *Oops didn't see the post about saying this too. Was convinced I was going to buy one but I just can't. There's nothing it can do my Police 4 can't, and nothing about it I prefer over the Police 4 except the blade shape, which I fixed by grinding the P4 down to my liking.

Last edited:
Bladehq has em in stock. *Oops didn't see the post about saying this too. Was convinced I was going to buy one but I just can't. There's nothing it can do my Police 4 can't, and nothing about it I prefer over the Police 4 except the blade shape, which I fixed by grinding the P4 down to my liking.
Looks like all they have is the M2 for pre-order

I handled the prototype in the Amsterdam meet this year. Felt like a PM2 on steroids. Flicks open like a dream. Really liked it a lot. Always wanted a Military with a compression lock. Waiting for them to be released in Europe. Eric told that they where able to make these considerably cheaper then the current Military due to the use of modern manufacturing methods.

Just Pre-ordered one from Knife Center. Compression Lock, 4-Way pocket clip anchor points, larger choil, beefed up liners, and a slightly slimmer handle profile in certain areas! Just what I envisioned are the improvements I’ve wanted a Millie to have!

Attachments

• 75BA079F-B730-4593-A19D-D7232D816464.jpeg
    75BA079F-B730-4593-A19D-D7232D816464.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 80F4A4AA-B7E4-4FA4-B520-C02263C5DCEE.jpeg
    80F4A4AA-B7E4-4FA4-B520-C02263C5DCEE.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 13
  • 56D4FB30-2128-423D-98D5-504BECC51300.jpeg
    56D4FB30-2128-423D-98D5-504BECC51300.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 13
I handled the prototype in the Amsterdam meet this year. Felt like a PM2 on steroids. Flicks open like a dream. Really liked it a lot. Always wanted a Military with a compression lock. Waiting for them to be released in Europe. Eric told that they where able to make these considerably cheaper then the current Military due to the use of modern manufacturing methods.
So now it really is a giant PM2 - the compression lock on my PM2 is a lot of why it's probably my favorite folder. I look forward to many hours of flipping it's bigger brother, and perhaps even slicing something. Can't wait. I like the larger choil, but that would have made more of a difference with the old version.

R runscott

Uh! I said that and got flamed. Brace yourself for the hate…

And it really is a stretched out PM2. I say it should be called a PM2XL

R runscott

Uh! I said that and got flamed. Brace yourself for the hate…

And it really is a stretched out PM2. I say it should be called a PM2XL
Uh oh! Well, I haven't seen a PM1, but I assumed it originally had the same lock design as the Millie and they changed it to compression as a test. So that's how someone who knows nothing thinks 😄 I guess I could do some quick googling and become edumuhcated.

I have two of these clips on the way to me. One for my GB2 and one that is going to go on the M2. Of course they are stuck somewhere in the p.o.s. Post Office, listed as arriving later than planned. Been sitting in the Wash.DC distribution center for almost 72 hours.

View attachment 2045823View attachment 2045824
I’ve got one of those somewhere in my “Knife Parts” box that I’m planning on using on my M2

Uh oh! Well, I haven't seen a PM1, but I assumed it originally had the same lock design as the Millie and they changed it to compression as a test. So that's how someone who knows nothing thinks 😄 I guess I could do some quick googling and become edumuhcated.
You can find some videos on YouTube.

Attachments

• 5EFF107D-F9EE-4B90-B1E0-872533E68188.jpeg
    5EFF107D-F9EE-4B90-B1E0-872533E68188.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 17
I have two of these clips on the way to me. One for my GB2 and one that is going to go on the M2. Of course they are stuck somewhere in the p.o.s. Post Office, listed as arriving later than planned. Been sitting in the Wash.DC distribution center for almost 72 hours.

View attachment 2045823View attachment 2045824
I love that clip for the GB2. It's such a thin sleek knife that I removed the clip on mine.

Torn beetwen Spyderco PM2 in Maxamet and same in 15V.What would be the differences beetwen Maxamet and 15V?
Edge retention,hardness,toughness and rust/patina?Thanks.
I'm curious what's great about 15V. Searching the forums, I'm not seeing much support for it, but it's common on Delicas, Endelas, Dragonflys and Enduras, but not the PM2 or Millie.

I'm curious what's great about 15V. Searching the forums, I'm not seeing much support for it, but it's common on Delicas, Endelas, Dragonflys and Enduras, but not the PM2 or Millie.
I think you are a bit confused. They haven't used 15V in any of the knives you mention, and they only started doing Sprint Runs with it a few months ago. Manix2, PM2 and Shaman are the only ones to get it so far.

I think you are a bit confused. They haven't used 15V in any of the knives you mention, and they only started doing Sprint Runs with it a few months ago. Manix2, PM2 and Shaman are the only ones to get it so far.
Duh. I was thinking of K390, another steel I was looking for.

Back