STR-EK/Tidioute Electricians Folder

I can't wait, looks great in the video. And it's made me even more glad I've gone sheepsfoot, I was starting to second guess myself. But the spearpoint only turns be off for the same reason #15 spearpoints don't work well for me, not that easy to open the spearblade. Only mildly inconveniencing, but the sheepsfoot looks easier to open. And I've never had a sheepsfoot main blade so this will be great. How's the sheepsfoot for piercing anyways? Does it do the job when need be? I don't pierce things that often anyways but might as well ask.

Its available. I have the sheepsfoot in hand ready to sell, wrap and ship. Spear should arrive shortly. $90 shipped thanks and STR@bladeforums.com is my email and pay pal address. Post closed Mon so Tues am. Orders placed this wk end go out then. Thanx

Steve, guesstimate on pull? Nailbreaker? Is the main blade "pinchable"?

My friend being that my nails are weak after a life time of biting them a nail breaker would not go well with me. No nailbreakers here I was quite clear about that. On the sheepsfoot the main is very pinch worthy yes. I'm convinced at this point that the little gem in my pocket is a little giant of a knife. I'm really liking the features and benefits of my STREK folder. It is proving to be a worthy companion more each day.

Steve, guesstimate on pull? Nailbreaker? Is the main blade "pinchable"?

Mine just arrived!

Both blades open & close smoothly & easily with a nice half stop, no nailbreakers.
You can pinch the sheepsfoot but the driver blade needs that nail nick.

Not only is the tip beveled, but there is a scraper section below it before the sawteeth.
The choil will strip wire. What else? This knife works!

(Thanx for all the work you did on this, Steve -- I know you had fun doing it! :D )

Just PayPal'd for one Sheepfoot STREK. I used the mobile app so hopefully my address came through ok. If it didn't I've subscribed to this thread or you could PM.

Looks like an excellent knife, Steve.

Just PayPal'd for one Sheepfoot STREK. I used the mobile app so hopefully my address came through ok. If it didn't I've subscribed to this thread or you could PM.

Looks like an excellent knife, Steve.

Wade I sent a PM just now. Thanks I do see all I need and the label is printed to get it on the way here. Just a quick note first.

Mine just arrived!

Both blades open & close smoothly & easily with a nice half stop, no nailbreakers.
You can pinch the sheepsfoot but the driver blade needs that nail nick.

Not only is the tip beveled, but there is a scraper section below it before the sawteeth.
The choil will strip wire. What else? This knife works!

(Thanx for all the work you did on this, Steve -- I know you had fun doing it! :D )

Thanks to you for your interest also. I really appreciate it. I've been carrying my dream knife, just about like what you have there now and I am in love perfectly happy with this thing forgetting all about it so I think its a real pocket worthy champ. The bulbous end gives it a nice handle and also aids how it rides too I think. I don't know about you guys but I am so glad I went with my first love, green linen for the handle. Its so nice I just love the way things come together to compliment each other. Other than the lack of any real anatomy or gentle taper work to the tip of the driver until now I have been quite happy. I think with the adjusted tip by GEC it will be an even better knife. I could not talk Bill into duplicating even a swedge type faux edge on both sides in front of the saw. I do not know why but the adjusted tips by GEC will all be just the tips. I put a rough cut edge on the tip of mine not invading into the flat head much but just creating an edge on the flat in front of the saw. Even after I told Bill how it steps the thing up for performance and poking through a wall he didn't pursue it. I thought it would relieve the lock some allowing folks to go in more using the back spring support rather than testing the lock so much going in more straight you know? But I couldn't talk him into it so the factory knives that come won't have that edge in front of the saw. Just couldn't squeeze that out of Mr. Howard over there. I'm sure it would have meant renegotiating a contract by adding cost for another aspect not planned for or something like that. It was a last minute change but I thought since we made others it would fly but no luck. As is I'm still thrilled and look forward to getting them. Anyone that wants one done like some of these posted that I did the adjustment to the tip on just needs to ask for a 'user' not the collector piece and I'll figure it out..

Last edited:
This is too good. Deja vu. I carried an electrician's knife in college and then went to SAKs. I have the whole size range of SAK now, from Classic to too freaking large to carry. :)

Now I'm back to an EK, replacing my alox Farmer, or alternating with it.

The STR-EK's size is perfect. The butt tucks into the heel of my hand, I run my thumb up the back of the blade, and I have total control of the tip -- of either blade.

Now I need to work on a lanyard.

This is too good. Deja vu. I carried an electrician's knife in college and then went to SAKs. I have the whole size range of SAK now, from Classic to too freaking large to carry. :)

Now I'm back to an EK, replacing my alox Farmer, or alternating with it.

The STR-EK's size is perfect. The butt tucks into the heel of my hand, I run my thumb up the back of the blade, and I have total control of the tip -- of either blade.

Now I need to work on a lanyard.

Cool. I just put a lanyard on mine. Not sure I like it yet but it looks cool. Some of the models had the coolest micarta almost wood grain look. They really look cool I think. I'm trying to remember a different knot rather than the one I used but so far memory farts prevent it. I hate when that happens. It will come probably tonight, middle of the night when I get up to pee for the umpteenth time I'm sure>;) Of course I'll have to do it then but at least I'm retired.

The spear are here. All of them! I have contacted those ordering both a sheepsfoot blade and a spear that were on my lists. Please forgive if I missed anyone. Come in and get me at STR@bladeforums.com for payments $90 for the first, $85 for each after that. I appreciate your interest. I also received just a few more of the sheepsfoot back but what I mailed them I do not have back at this writing. I expect it next week sometime I hope. Thanks
STR

can you send me an invoice to my email ?

Sure can Thomas. Just email me and once I have it we can go from there. Thanks Esav. Thanks Thomas for your interest also.
STR

Got mine today. Can't wait for a chance to use all the features and see how it works. Really like that the blades are not nail-breakers.

Still waiting on mine but I'm guessing end of the week or early next week it'll arrive. Going crazy waiting:D

I love the old Electrician's knives, ever since my grandmother gave me an old Camillus that belonged to my grandfather in the 1960's.

I gotta get me one of those STR-EK's.

PM sent

~Chris

I can't wait, looks great in the video. And it's made me even more glad I've gone sheepsfoot, I was starting to second guess myself. But the spearpoint only turns be off for the same reason #15 spearpoints don't work well for me, not that easy to open the spearblade. Only mildly inconveniencing, but the sheepsfoot looks easier to open. And I've never had a sheepsfoot main blade so this will be great. How's the sheepsfoot for piercing anyways? Does it do the job when need be? I don't pierce things that often anyways but might as well ask.

I just realized I missed your questions. I don't think the sheepsfoot is going to be poked with much just due to the shape. That in all liklihood makes it safer but generally speaking that blade shape was preferred in sailing knives also for the blunt tip. Kinda hard to stab your shipmate in an unexpected wave if you have blunt point knives I guess. So you know penetration and piercing? Well, to a point yes and in some ways it is a better point all around and penetrates initially better than the spear but its limited to the splinter picker point not much more. The spear lays lower in the pocket and is not as noticed in carry. Its also the more traditional shape and found in the oldest pictures of electricians knives. Its hard to even find older pics of these with sheepsfoot blades in the same era as I see the spears all over, 1904-06 and even later in the 20s after the patent expired on the lock. After the patent expired in 1923 more companies made them with the locks. I don't think we saw much in the way of other blade shapes until after the lock but I put a link to the history on the first post. Its very much a great read on this pattern if anyone is interested. It will correct where my memory fails and fill in the rest.

Back