The Basic 5" Field Knife - Thoughts and Impressions

I have been trying to everyday carry my K18 but it's really too heavy for a neck knife. It's better than the claymore that I use to carry but I'm hoping the K20, which is a little bit lighter, will work better.

Always good to have choices…

kdn3aV4l.jpg

As I sit here sipping my coffee with my tin foil hat on, I’m pretty certain that I’m protected from some of those things and therefore feel that the basic 5 at over 10” overall length just might be more than I want to try to edc. I tried removing the gold ball on the top of my flagpole, leaving only the bolt sticking out. With lots of grippy tape I am able to carry it but sometimes fall over due to being off balance on one side. That bolt would make a nasty hole.
Not to worry, I have time. I’m protected.

Na, that stuff is everywhere here and I don’t partake. We have 2 “medical” shops in a tiny tiny town of 1500 people. Amazing to think it would ever happen here.
Mine is straight Peet’s brand whole beans house blend with a big dose of smartass.
image.jpg

So a long long time ago I and others hassled Nate about making a combat knife. WTH is that? - well that’s up for debate. As with Nate’s first instinct was no from what I recall. Probably because there is no good definition. This was the beginning of tactical everything. Like tactical black aka black , or FDE aka tan.

Fast forward, all of the current models including the utility fighter, which I think most people would consider the combat.

I, on the other hand say the BFK is the most “combat” ready blade as it really hits the sweet spot for doing grunt work. The Goldilocks zone with a little extra beef.

I haven't seen any aftermarket scales for the Schempp Tuff until your post. May have to find one now.

View attachment 2298519

These two made a nice pair during a car- camping trip.

Nice blades.

Somebody at DLT is a Tuff fan. Not only did they order the Cruwear exclusive, but had some Ti scales made by RGT. Appear to still have some in stock.

They are really nice:

2022080411261678-IMG_2417-X2.jpg

Back