The Laser Thread

Started with a JPT 50W fiber from Mactron and months later added an Aeon Mira 7 CO2 90W.

A good starting point for newcomers is suscribing to https://masters.lasereverything.net/ for $8/mo there you can download a ready made and tested library for fiber and co2 and also a power converter so the values are appropiate for you laser. Before the month you can decide if the community is worth the price or you are done having these files and cancel. This second option is what I did, it helped me kickstart with the basics.

I use the fiber to engrave my makers mark and different patterns on the blade, bolsters and corby bolts. The CO2 I use it mostly for sheath making, but its proving to be a super versatile machine and I'm using it more and more for other purposes.

Both lasers are using Lightburn (LB), ezcad2 or ezcrash as is populary known is a royal PITA, its great to have LB which has frequent updates and full support from developers. To use LB you need a supported board, for fiber its an ezcad2 board, ezcad3 is not supported yet, for CO2 there is a list of supported boards.

Pablo
Pablo, would you mind shooting me an email? I'm having an issue w/ my 50w JPT and wanted to see if you could run the same lightburn file on yours and see if it is having the same issue. josh@rekknives.com

Back