What did you use your SAK for today?

Yeah there is still eight years of the ten year change over period. The new gas bottles I have with the LCC27 fitting still except the POL fitting anyways.

A pic of my White Huntsman with my bottle ready for a BBQ

View attachment 2469519

I'll use my Huntsman today to pop snags.
Nice white, bbq tomorrow?
Yeah I know my bbq still has the old pol fittings, it wasn't well advertised I found when I was after a new o ring. The problem is the swap and go service doesn't always have the new bottles, so if you've already upgraded to LCC27😬😬
Have a great long weekend.

With the help of a hatchet I attempted to make a trap the traditional NiVan way.

View attachment 2475098
View attachment 2475099

53495697234_3f7dd7e278_o.png

Today, I used the awl on my Victorinox Pioneer (along with a pin) to clear the narrow, tube-like nozzle on a can of Flex Shot, that had become clogged with dried and solidified product that was preventing the liquefied product inside the can from squeezing out.

Jim

Last edited:
peeler.jpg

The "orange peeler" works fine for slicing an orange peel, but I'm still not really sold on it. A regular knife will do the same job and the Executive already has two of them. They're both plain edged and easy to sharpen, but the orange peeler has serrations. It doesn't peel well either... it cuts through the peel fine, but actually peeling it off is a different matter.

peeler.jpg

The "orange peeler" works fine for slicing an orange peel, but I'm still not really sold on it. A regular knife will do the same job and the Executive already has two of them. They're both plain edged and easy to sharpen, but the orange peeler has serrations. It doesn't peel well either... it cuts through the peel fine, but actually peeling it off is a different matter.
I've had much the same experience, Mr. McVer.
A few weeks ago, after carrying an Exec for years, I finally gave the orange peeler a try. It did well, slicing the peel to the correct depth without fuss, which does make the peeling process slightly neater. Still, I don't find a peeler critical in a pocket tool.
I do like the differences the extra blades make on an Exec in comparison to the ambassador, but since both have been discontinued, a tool replacing the peeler on an Exec is not likely in my future.

1jfu1hk.jpg

Repost of a photo posted a couple of months ago.

Back