What did you use your SAK for today?

Hands down my oldest SAK that I own, bought it 41/42 years ago, just before my wife was blessed to land this fine catch of a man :D 😂🤣 Simple stitch removal vs going into the clinic and pay them $200.00😳
RkSXW8.jpg

I was at the pub over the weekend and the pub owner had gotten some splinters in her finger. I saw her with a knife poking at her finger with a guy who was saying he could help because he was an actual doctor. On me was the handy companion with tweezers and and very sharp small blade. And a keyring flashlight, cause it was dark. Day saved. It was dark so no one noticed me expressing my feminine side with the easter egg colored SAK. :cool:

This is a very minor thing but I'm color blind and red scales on Saks might as well be camouflaged to me when dropped in grass, yellows and blues are easier to find.

This is a very minor thing but I'm color blind and red scales on Saks might as well be camouflaged to me when dropped in grass, yellows and blues are easier to find.

Have you considered changing the scale color to yellow or white? —They’re cheap and can be found easily.

Changing watch bands gave an opportunity to use an Exec's orange peeler. Worked like it was made for it. Press the serrated edge firmly against the pin, twist in the direction that provides downward movement, and the band pops off with ease. Worked on two different bands, but YMMV. :)

3hybaoS.jpg

CSG CSG I know your statement regarding knowing what to do with the Exec's orange peeler was rhetorical, but I thought you might like to see this. :)

Over the weekend, I sharpened a couple of blades. During the process, the screw holding the end cap on my Lansky sharpener worked loose. With an Exec in my pocket, the ideal tool to remedy the situation was readily available.

AnXlQnP.jpg

BTW, I have been using the orange peeler for its intended purpose fairly regularly. It makes the task so much less messy.

1jfu1hk.jpg

CSG CSG I know your statement regarding knowing what to do with the Exec's orange peeler was rhetorical, but I thought you might like to see this. :)

Over the weekend, I sharpened a couple of blades. During the process, the screw holding the end cap on my Lansky sharpener worked loose. With an Exec in my pocket, the ideal tool to remedy the situation was readily available.

AnXlQnP.jpg

BTW, I have been using the orange peeler for its intended purpose fairly regularly. It makes the task so much less messy.

1jfu1hk.jpg
I've used the screwdriver bit but you can't torque it much. Those look like easy peel mandarins. I've seen that blade used to peel oranges on videos. Seems like a poor tool for that use. Doesn't open packages or mail well either. But that's the coolness of the knife, especially for Jerry Seinfeld, who recently stated he owns the Executive. It's a blade about nothing... ;)

CSG CSG it's unfortunate that Mr. Chuck Yeager (RIP) isn't with us to shed some light on the orange peeler's usefulness. As you have likely heard, it has been reported that the Executive was his EDC. Also, his choice as an exclusive backpack-fishing knife for two week long outings into the Sierra Nevada mountains. He may have found an additional use or two that we just haven't considered yet.
Either way, both Chuck Yeager and the Exec are ongoing legends.
If you discover any other uses for the blade about nothing, please share with us. :)
Have a good evening, kind sir.

Back