What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A secret shred of humanity for my watch-pocket at work today.
MWlQwne.jpg

Derby Day .... 150th Run for the Roses

Derby 150.jpg

Belknap Brands Small.jpg

Nothing is more traditional in Kentucky than Derby Day. In 1960, Belknap Hardware was king of the Hardware stores, proclaimed the biggest in the world. If you look at some of their brands, some of them seem if as they were named after horse entries. Crusader, Trade Winner, Pathfinder, Aristocrat, Speedmore, World Flyer, Cyclone, Dover, and Blue Ribbon were trade names.

It seemed appropriate that I tote a pair of John Primble Belknap folders for this day. A Sawcut Bone Granddaddy Barlow for the muscle ( like a horse ) and Ivory Jack ( about style ) is what's in my pocket and belt sheath this first Saturday in May. 😊 🐎

_d2x7605-small-jpg.2547623

Ivory Jack 2.jpg
Ivory Jack 1.jpg

Derby Day .... 150th Run for the Roses

View attachment 2564527

View attachment 2564528

Nothing is more traditional in Kentucky than Derby Day. In 1960, Belknap Hardware was king of the Hardware stores, proclaimed the biggest in the world. If you look at some of their brands, some of them seem if as they were named after horse entries. Crusader, Trade Winner, Pathfinder, Aristocrat, Speedmore, World Flyer, Cyclone, Dover, and Blue Ribbon were trade names.

It seemed appropriate that I tote a pair of John Primble Belknap folders for this day. A Sawcut Bone Granddaddy Barlow for the muscle ( like a horse ) and Ivory Jack ( about style ) is what's in my pocket and belt sheath this first Saturday in May. 😊 🐎

_d2x7605-small-jpg.2547623

View attachment 2564534
View attachment 2564533
You never cease to amaze Mr. P 👍😉

I can’t decide today. The RR swayback halfhawk is probably gonna be 1 of 2. It is starting to lose some coloring off of the jigged bone that gives it a stag feel/look. Doesn't matter though, it’s a solid user. Nice walk and talk, no play in any direction and just barely off center, it’s takes an edge very well. I’d say I’ll back it up with the Walden electrician. I’ve got some tasks to do this morning that requires legit work knives. It is nice in The Bluegrass State on Derby Day! Not a lot on the docket for the afternoon except watch the fastest two minutes in sports a little later. Have a good day, Porchsters!

Enjoying these two beauties today. Two amazing gifts from great friends. Thanks Chris and Jeremy! 321Bandaid 321Bandaid & sbh06 sbh06 !

They are both posed up on my latest leather acquisition from my favorite leather maker Jeremy Alley sbh06 sbh06 . He did a great job hooking me up with a great pair with the Les Paul, don’t you think?

Last edited:
Enjoying these two beauties today. Two amazing gifts from great friends. Thanks Chris and Jeremy! 321Bandaid 321Bandaid & sbh06 sbh06 !

They are both posed up on my latest leather acquisition from my favorite leather maker Jeremy Alley sbh06 sbh06 . He did a great job hooking me up with a great pair with the Les Paul, don’t you think?

That guitar setup is 🔥!!!

Last edited:
Back