Will you spoon with me?

hqdefault.jpg

I forgot I had my Girl Scout spoon. I is missing the knife, I am fairly certain it was confiscated.
IMG_0286.jpeg

Ha,Ha,Ha!!!!!!
Ya no. I was 8 or 9 when I was a GS aka future house wives of America. They took my SAK knock off my dad gave me when I went to the one time our troop went to a BS camp loge. We were not aloud to sleep on the top bunks, no hiking, but we did learn how to make a stove out of cardboard. wax, and a tuna can. Also we practiced knots in shoestring licorice candy. But the rest of the time we spent cleaning the bunk house and the privy because it was a boy scout camp. Stream....no fishing....trails....no hiking...sticks....no carving.

Oh our troop leaders and their husbands got drunk playing poker in the bunkhouse basement. One troop leader was so hungover in the morning while we were cleaning the place she slept in my bunk because I had a sleeping pad (the pad they put dour before carpet in your house.

We did get to camp out in a mall overnight with other GS troops. :rolleyes: I was the kite flying champ.

Glad the GS are better now!!!

Ha,Ha,Ha!!!!!!
Ya no. I was 8 or 9 when I was a GS aka future house wives of America. They took my SAK knock off my dad gave me when I went to the one time our troop went to a BS camp loge. We were not aloud to sleep on the top bunks, no hiking, but we did learn how to make a stove out of cardboard. wax, and a tuna can. Also we practiced knots in shoestring licorice candy. But the rest of the time we spent cleaning the bunk house and the privy because it was a boy scout camp. Stream....no fishing....trails....no hiking...sticks....no carving.

Oh our troop leaders and their husbands got drunk playing poker in the bunkhouse basement. One troop leader was so hungover in the morning while we were cleaning the place she slept in my bunk because I had a sleeping pad (the pad they put dour before carpet in your house.

We did get to camp out in a mall overnight with other GS troops. :rolleyes: I was the kite flying champ.

holy crap. We have certainly come a long way, even since then!

Ha,Ha,Ha!!!!!!

Reminds me of my stepdaughter who liked to hang out with her brother’s boy scout troop because the Girl Scouts didn’t do anything cool. 🤣

Reminds me of my stepdaughter who liked to hang out with her brother’s boy scout troop because the Girl Scouts didn’t do anything cool. 🤣
Ya. When my cousins' kid joined the GS she was told I was in the GS. I said yes I was in troop 364 and our flower was a Lily of the Vally. She asked me what badges I had. I asked her to let me look at her GS book.

Wow now GS had nifty badges. I had sewing, hospitality, vagabond, jr aide, pet care, cooking, some other badge for walking outdoors. a few others. I was only a GS for two years.

Yes I remember being jealous that the BS could raise the flag in the morning at school. but not the GS. It was what it was.

Oh my knife roll spoon!
IMG_0291.jpeg

I have daughters.
I’m an assistant Brownie, later GS Troop Leader…inactive. My girls are grown.
I was allowed at meetings, and could do maint. at camp, if it wasn’t being used.
But, that was it. I get it, an incident led to that rule (there’s a shock)
I felt cheated, but safety first.
I have no idea how they blend girls into the BSs today?

Damnit I have no fancy spoon .... just that plastic biz I use at work....

But it still delivers the chili to my mouth!!!!

Damnit I have no fancy spoon .... just that plastic biz I use at work....

But it still delivers the chili to my mouth!!!!
pics or it didn't happen!

Back