Any Wet Shavers, here?

I have retired all of my razors except for two. Those two are the Henson AL13 aluminum and the Henson Ti22 Titanium (also my Henson mild which is my wife's). These are fantastic razors. No issues at all, none. The shave is actually likable, comfortable, desirable.

I dont have a heavy beard, I have a baby face lol Walmart only had the one safety razor when I went there. I have thought about getting an old one from an antique store or something, but dont know what to look for in a safety razor. As far as blades, I have a sample pack like you said.
Get a Henson AL13 mild/standard and thank me later. This will revolutionize your life.

Henson AL13. Did I mention they come in 8 different colors? I got the blue. My wife got red.

Those Henson’s look nice, what is the explanation for the “mild” “medium” “aggressive” selections? Is it the angle of blade?

I find wet shaving much better and much faster than electric, and the cartridges do not work very well on my face as they get dull and clogged very quickly.

My father gave me this razor many years ago and it works great. It is marked “Apollo”.

A4F27973-D4D6-4966-AF9E-215CCF7514C6.jpeg

I’ve been shaving with a straight for the past 13 years.
I just started a couple weeks ago and I'm really liking it. Definitely a learning curve. Some blood has been spilled, but I'm to the point now where I can usually get away clean.

I use a safety razor. I been debating on trying out an electric Braun or Norelco electric shaver.

I switched to a safety razor. Just whatever cheap one they had at the grocery store. Multi blade disposables irritate my skin. Safety razor seems to have solved it. I should probably look into a better razor

I've been using a safety razor for the last 15 years. I started using it first to shave my head and found I really love it.

The trick is getting the right blades for me. I have a fantastic Above the Tie Atlas that I bought when they first started their business.

I must have tried 20 different blades and have come to like the Pol Silver, Feather and Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum. The 7 O'clock are my favorite.

Bh1ctKz (1).jpg

I just started a couple weeks ago and I'm really liking it. Definitely a learning curve. Some blood has been spilled, but I'm to the point now where I can usually get away clean.
Been there done that lol. Eventually I figured out the best way for me to get a close shave in the shortest amount of time.

I don’t do the whole whipping up soaps or hot towels. I use CO Bigelow shaving cream from Bath and Body works. It is essentially the same thing as Proraso shaving cream but it is frequently on sale…buy one get one.

I shave with cold water. 2 passes (up/down except for the base of my neck). I’ve gotten very efficient at it to say the least. You’ll get there.

Since I've been working at home, I've had to shave less and less. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of a beard, so I shave every few weeks or so. I switched to a safety razor 2 years ago and I don't know why I didn't switch earlier. It's a better shave than any Gilette I've purchased and I experience no razor burn now. I also have a Panasonic Arc5 that I use from time to time for anything I may have missed or a quick and easy shave.

Those Henson’s look nice, what is the explanation for the “mild” “medium” “aggressive” selections? Is it the angle of blade?

I find wet shaving much better and much faster than electric, and the cartridges do not work very well on my face as they get dull and clogged very quickly.

My father gave me this razor many years ago and it works great. It is marked “Apollo”.

View attachment 1731245
That looks like a slant razor. I am not sure I'd use it until I had some experience with shaving as the blade slants from more blade exposure to less.

The Henson mild has less blade gap (.68mm), but it still shaves very efficiently. The Medium has a little more blade gap (.85mm). The aggressive has still more blade gap. They all shave very smoothly. I can get a fantastic shave with the mild. My beard is medium heavy, not coarse and heavy. I prefer the medium, however. I could be happy with either. The thing with the Henson is that the blade is bent over and then clamped very securely. It does not move or chatter. It is set at just the right angle so you don't have to look for it. Just put the flat on your face and pull, kind of like a cartridge/disposable razor.

I switched to a safety razor. Just whatever cheap one they had at the grocery store. Multi blade disposables irritate my skin. Safety razor seems to have solved it. I should probably look into a better razor
A good razor with the right blades. A cheap razor is usually not as nice to shave with, but that is not always the case.

Switched to Gillette Fusion 5 years back and never had a better shave. Cartridges ain't exactly cheap but well worth the close shave I get. Recall those old Remington Radial electric years back. A piece of crap!

I use a straight razor most of the time and a safety razor that is called a "Bulldog" that I picked up at wall-mart. Not really knowledgeable on razors so appreciate threads like these.

Been using this wonderful Razor for some 20 yrs+. Before that were some Dovo's but this guy .. wow .. just wonderful. Just put new paper micarta scales on the old girl.

k7wllTk.jpg

Cczk0RJ.jpg

Been using this wonderful Razor for some 20 yrs+. Before that were some Dovo's but this guy .. wow .. just wonderful. Just put new paper micarta scales on the old girl.

k7wllTk.jpg

Cczk0RJ.jpg
That razor is in awesome shape to be that age

I've used safety razors for 10 years or so...all Gillette. I have a Slim, a Fat boy, and a WW1 open comb Khaki set. All are superior to multi-blade crap they currently sell.

Back