Introducing: Squirel and Thirsty!!

I'd like to introduce you all to a couple of my newest pals!!
Squirel is the politically correct weehawk blade, and Thirsty is sporting a hefty tanto..

They are beautifully done re-handles by our own Eric Maier. These puppies weigh in right at 10.5oz. and are by far the heaviest balis I've tried to manipulate short of a balisword...

A clean, elegant, almost scandanavian design.

What are the handles made of?

First, let me tell you, these things are HEAVY!!
Any little bounce off your finger done with a 4X series, will probably leave a blood blister!!
I can't cary them in my pocket, because they pull down my pants..
Soon they will be on their way to Clay for a rig-job...!

Great first photo man that one is a winner. Where did the tanto blade come from.?

The handles are milled and abrasive finished 303 stainless, 5/8" stock.

They really make you work on your form..
They're balanced, and crisp while flipping. The abrasive finish is very grippy while letting it spin when you want it to.

The finish of these is very smooth and even..

The handles are rounded off in all the right spots, on the bottoms, and along the inside of the blade channel.

I can imagine how heavy! It looks like there's a lot of solid steel at the ends of the handle? Are they solid? That must contribute a goodly amount of weight. It's fun swinging heavy balis - strength training. :)

Mighty cool! :D

Congrats on the new, heavy balis.
So if you try doing a finger twirl, you'd probably break a finger? What's the point in having a bali THAT heavy?

And how much is 10.5 oz? (Can someone plz tell me how to calculate when going from oz to kg?)

Thanks for sharing!

edit: Wow, nybble, we posted in the very same minute! :D

The tanto was originally a Herbertz black skeleton, like the Jaguars..

Virtually no blade play on these hefty guys.. but i suggest wrapping your wrists and knuckles, I think I threw out my back after the first hour.. then I had to take a nap..:)

Here's a size comparison between a PC custom 4" (9oz.)
My reconditioned 42 (4.2oz.)
and these big guys.. (10.5oz)

I had one friend say that the Mer-Jag was like putting a $100 door on a $10 barn...

But what a kickass door!!!:D

There's one more in the works, and Chuck will do the honors of photoing that one, because I can't quite bring out the personality of the blades like he can..:)

But here's a sneak-peek...!!!:) :) :)

Wooow, that is very cool. I'm glad to see someone else that names there blades... I really like the autograph thing.

Originally posted by Mykl Clark
I'm glad to see someone else that names there blades...
Or perhaps rather their handles, since Mer is a rehandler? ;)

ixpfah,

Here is the conversion info you asked about.

1 kg equals 35.27399072294044 ounces.
1 ounce equals 0.0283495 kg.

So, if my math is correct, 10.5 oz equals 0.29766975 kg.

Hope that helps. :)

DriveMaster

Back