Chris Reeve Knives History Timeline To Date & Blade Steel Timeline

Thank you, ma'am. Thought that. Hope its not too chilly back in the DCMA.

Great. Take care. And thanks again for all of your knowledge for this Reeve Newbe.

Hello guys, THANK YOU so much for your information, especially those who have created this thread... The CRK is a passion that unites us.. Nyefmaker, can I ask you a question? In your timeline I have not seen information on Freyja (I think it's written correctly, or Freijia), in my opinion one of the most beautiful OPK.... You have some information? Year of production, etc.. Thank you very much

I have a BG42 large regular that has the old style clip. Anyone know when they changed to this old style on the Large regular BG42 to the new style pocket clip?

my first L/ Reg. Graphic
steel and graphic type unknown, could somebody help to identify?

Creoson if you take the knife apart and take a few pictures of the blade around the pivot and the inside of the scales it will help you date the knife. There should be a date code inside the scales... you could even see those without taking it apart. Post up the photos and I am sure we could narrow it down for you.

Creoson if you take the knife apart and take a few pictures of the blade around the pivot and the inside of the scales it will help you date the knife. There should be a date code inside the scales... you could even see those without taking it apart. Post up the photos and I am sure we could narrow it down for you.

one side C04 other side B05

I have a BG42 large regular that has the old style clip. Anyone know when they changed to this old style on the Large regular BG42 to the new style pocket clip?

I believe it was sometime in the early 2000's. I beleive the option was available still in the early 2000's as I had some with the older clip in 01-02. Still do.
Possibly it wasnt offered unless you requested it in these times?
Hopefully someone knows for sure and gives a definite answer.

Just a little help for us Mnandi Collectors, following the variety of damascus, blade Steel and Inlay
If something is missing let me know and I will update here the list. Thank you.

Blade
B&W Snakeskin Damascus
Raindrop Damascus
Ladder Damascus
Bubblewrap Damascus
B&W Zebra Damascus
Colored Zebra Damascus
Spirograph Damascus
Vine and Roses Damascus
Sharktooth Damascus
S30V
River of Fire Damascus
Reptilian Damascus
Basketwave Damascus
S35VN
BG42

____

Inlay
Mammoth Ivory Gold & Diamond
Wood Gold & Diamond
Camel Thorn
Black Palm
Mesquite
Lignum Vitae
African Blackwood
Box Elder
Desert Ironwood
Snakewood
Mammoth Ivory
Mammoth Bark
Black Died Amboyna
Bloodwood
Cocobolo
Ziricote
Tamboti
Honduran Rosewood
Gabon Ebony
Bocote
Madagascar Rosewood
Jigged Madagascar Rosewood
Walnut
Macassar Ebony
Syringa
Giraffe Bone
Ebony
Redwood
Pink Ivory Wood
Sneezewood
Black Ash Burl
Sheephorn
Buffalo Horn
Lacewood
Umzimbeet
Spalted beech
Thuya
Bog Oak
Indian Rosewood
Pale Moon Ebony

Last edited:
Does any one know more about the Original Sebenza? How can you differentiate it from P series when P Sebenza without P marking from 1994 to 1995?
What is the meaning of having this series? Or is it an official series for CRK? Thanks for sharing!

Does any one know more about the Original Sebenza? How can you differentiate it from P series when P Sebenza without P marking from 1994 to 1995?
What is the meaning of having this series? Or is it an official series for CRK? Thanks for sharing!

The P was to indicate that Sebenzas were now Production, instead of Handmade. The first few hundred had numbers. P1, P2, etc. After that, they just had the P for a while without the number. Shortly after that, CRK dropped the P altogether, but the design of the knife didn't change until 1996 when the design we call the Regular was released. All Originals were made with ATS-34 steel.

Back