Cruwear/Thanks Brand, Bad Ass Slicer Give Away

You bring up a Very good point...... before and after clean up. ???

I just got the knife back yesterday after work. It looks great all things considering.
I was really worried about how some things had happened in use/testing..... but it looks really good.

I'm having a philosophical debate with myself....
Do I make it as good again as I can get?
Do I fix the "issues" as best as I can?
Do I release it as is.... it has Alot of history on it.

namely... the heel area, the micarta got damaged. The owner at that time did a really nice job of sanding down the rough, chipped area. We did this so the testing could continue and we could keep passing on to the next person...... (Do I fix this area, adjust/balance the opposite side?) If i do this I would probably sand the red/white liners and clean them up, and make them like new again? And maybe soften the handle flats, giving them more contours...... idk???

I'm up for opinions.... from New people, and those that have used/seen it.
*Nobody has complained.

maybe we need a poll....

1. Leave it as is.... Just wash, clean up, and make sure it's good and sharp! Ship. Least invasive.
2. Spa day (sharpen, sand/clean liners, thin edges even More) Leave lop sided micarta near index finger alone.... it's Pass Around Character.
3. Fix handle Completely.. give it a new look clean, sand, contour as much as I can. Change the look and feel. (but this takes away the history)
4. Take handle off, raffle winner gets to decide new look.
5. Keep this wonderful knife for myself, cancel raffle..... Hahha!
I vote for #1, personally. It was a very cool pass around to be part of and the history is a lot of fun.

I saw in the other thread where you said 106". I figured you meant .106; but that was after the break and you still had some prettying up to do on the grinds, so I just went with 0.1 to keep it simple.
I've been liking cruwear (and, yes, mine have some patina); so I'll just say thank you for the opportunity and bow out if the other specs don't work for me. (If I forget, and get lucky, I can always ship it off to somebody else from the thread if I decide it's not getting enough use here)

Overall: just under 10" with a tape measure
Just under 5 1/4" blade
1 3/8" tall blade

all tape measure, I can get More accurate later
Please let me know if you have specifics

Moments ago, outside

You got a link to your work? You can PM if ya want.

I think I'm allowed a tiny bit of publicity......Ha
Here is a link I started here on Bladeforums.
Thread 'THANKS "brand" Fixed Blade Collection' https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/thanks-brand-fixed-blade-collection.1915903/
I have my IG account too, I think is in my signature?
I'm not on That everyday, and I need to add a half dozen knives.... Just been busy lately, and I'm Slow to make from my requested list.... I just do this for Fun

You bring up a Very good point...... before and after clean up. ???

I just got the knife back yesterday after work. It looks great all things considering.
I was really worried about how some things had happened in use/testing..... but it looks really good.

I'm having a philosophical debate with myself....
Do I make it as good again as I can get?
Do I fix the "issues" as best as I can?
Do I release it as is.... it has Alot of history on it.

namely... the heel area, the micarta got damaged. The owner at that time did a really nice job of sanding down the rough, chipped area. We did this so the testing could continue and we could keep passing on to the next person...... (Do I fix this area, adjust/balance the opposite side?) If i do this I would probably sand the red/white liners and clean them up, and make them like new again? And maybe soften the handle flats, giving them more contours...... idk???

I'm up for opinions.... from New people, and those that have used/seen it.
*Nobody has complained.

maybe we need a poll....

1. Leave it as is.... Just wash, clean up, and make sure it's good and sharp! Ship. Least invasive.
2. Spa day (sharpen, sand/clean liners, thin edges even More) Leave lop sided micarta near index finger alone.... it's Pass Around Character.
3. Fix handle Completely.. give it a new look clean, sand, contour as much as I can. Change the look and feel. (but this takes away the history)
4. Take handle off, raffle winner gets to decide new look.
5. Keep this wonderful knife for myself, cancel raffle..... Hahha!
Leave that bad baby as is. I'm sure Insipid Moniker Insipid Moniker and myself aren't the only ones who appreciate a knife with a story.

The fact that some highly respected makers are putting names in the hat speaks volumes to your work. Very nice gesture.

I don't remember seeing if You are in or not??? :)
It's ok, either way.... Haha

But for those that do want to participate it's easier so I don't accidentally miss anyone, they need to say IN

just wanna say Thanks again for Everyone's support!

I don't remember seeing if You are in or not??? :)
It's ok, either way.... Haha

But for those that do want to participate it's easier so I don't accidentally miss anyone, they need to say IN

just wanna say Thanks again for Everyone's support!
Sorry for any confusion. I don’t deserve that knife, but one of these days I definitely want to buy one of your blades.

I vote for 3, a handle makeover, if you are up for it. If not, just a spa day. I think that changing the handle a little based on the feedback from the pass around is a good way to use that history that the knife built up and use the wisdom of the forum for good. :) But, if you dont want to that is just fine. This is already REALLY generous of you!

Not changing this handle much....only Spa Day.

Although, The feedback I got was the handle was too big for some.... And some wanted this knife for in the kitchen, which wasn't my intentions.

So, because of what the people asked for, I came out with a New handle design that is .154" less tall than the original Long Paw handle design shape.... Idk If you can see in this picture?

If feels Noticably different.

Back