Podcast centered around slip joint making/traditional knife history - The Catch Bit Show

Perhaps French knives or other 'foreigners' might be discussed at some time in the future ? 😍

waynorth waynorth I'm with you Charlie on the extra Stag thing, Stag to the Max, down with end bolsters on single blades 🤣 Rhidian's Sheep Dip (Parasite Proof) is a thing of immense beauty & skill and I know Ken Erickson has left knife making for another calling (which is admirable too) but he's left behind a body of fantastic Customs, never seen a knife of his I didn't like and I can't think of another artisan I could say the same of. Gems.

Thanks, Will

Thanks, Charlie, Duncan, Gunstockjack, Hemi49, Heynowwww, Loyd, Brian, and Will Power.
Heynowwww, great "Sheep's Last Dip" by Rhidian.
Charlie, beautiful #48 Diamond Jack, and a neat stag tip.
Will Power, thanks for the show recommendations and we appreciate any suggestions. We do plan to do more on knife history, and "foreigners" as you suggested, are among my favorites.

Mike had mentioned a Sheffield-made Harness Jack in the last show that Charlie and I were talking about.
While that knife will be shown in a future project with Charlie, I did post another old knife in the "Sheffield" thread which also has removeable bolts in the handle for repair work.

I was planning on listening to this podcast days ago, but finally did today. I started it when I got on my Lawn tractor and it was over just as I finished doing some trimming. Now I know it takes me 1 hour and 8 minutes to mow and trim my front and part of my back property.
Anyway, enough of that.
Boy! What a great podcast! It was just wonderful to listen to @waynorth, H herder , and M Mike Moran tell tale tales and talk about their custom knives and the Oregon show.
After Charlie's tales of Sicily, I think Mike made the right decision to finally build a harness jack for him!
Being able to see the knives in this thread is a great idea! Thanks so much!
Really, really enjoyed it guys!

That's awesome Gary - Yes definitely buy Charlie a Coffee and hand him an envelope with a few notes in, in the future if Charlie asks you " How much do you want for this Knife" - just drop your eyes from his stare and say "Nothing Sir" - whilst handing it over. 🤣

No but in all seriousness - wasn't that interesting- very!

Good to hear waynorth waynorth back on the show going over some of our favorite topics, customs! Very grateful for my one custom traditional as during the episode Charlie shared Ken Erickson is no longer in the custom knife world sadly. Used to have a few davidsons back in the day, but this one, really checks all the boxes.

WxF1IzJ.jpeg

UjYaaRq.jpeg

fun fact, waynorth waynorth has its sibling in stag! :cool:🤓

Some great yakkety-yak, on the last Catch Bit Podcast!! Thanks Mike and Neal!!
I took some new pictures of Rhidian's Miniature Barlow here to illustrate the size and construction! Such a great knife!! And such wonderful walk and talk from a Mini!!!Mini Barlow A.jpgMini Barlow B.jpgMini Barlow C.jpg
Old comparison shot for size!!Mini Barlow 1.jpg
The mini is 1 1/8" long, (just under 3 centimeters) and handled, ironically, in Mammoth!!🦣
The blade and spring are Damascus!!

Wow- Charlie that IS a Miniature!!

The last couple of episodes in the Catch Bit Show are great, nothing like putting in the earphones and working away to the guys chatting away and always having a bit of Banter.
Episode 47 Miniatures was interesting- Had a good chuckle that Charlie was Banned, so both Rhidian and Charlie are banned until they make good with Photos! This saga will be vey interesting to see how it turns out - in fact I think Charlie was banned for a week, but unsure how long Rhidians Ban stands for!

Mike seems to be a bit of a task master - even though Charlie sent Mike a Hat- he still threw that Ban down- that desert air is making Mike a hard man!
🤣

The Bladeforums gets mentioned in Episode 48 - good easy listening Mike and Neal, Thank you!
How is Ritchie going these days? Good I hope.

Thanks for chiming in combatjiujitsu and Duncan.
Charlie, what a fantastic little knife from our friend, Rhidian.
Here are a few more little fellows that Mike and I were talking about on that show.
The model on top is an 18 blade pearl handled Henckels at just over 1 inch long.Miniature Knives Four (1041x1200).jpg

Herder Those Miniatures are amazing- Its nice of both you and Charlie to post these so we can make that last piece of the puzzle fit! :thumbsup:

I just listened to Mike and Neal's latest Podcast!! The joys and foibles of social media!!
Definitely worth a listen!!
Ideally we need a permanent record of all the knife history and info discovered here on BF!!
But will we have it when we need it??
I'm rooting for you, Spark Spark !!!

Back