Podcast centered around slip joint making/traditional knife history - The Catch Bit Show

Signalprick

Jason Ritchie - Ritchie Handmade Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello All,

With permission from management I would like to invite you all to check out a new podcast that Mike Moran and I along with special guest Neal Punchard are making called The Catch Bit Show. You can find this podcast on most of the major podcasting apps. We will be centering the conversations around the ins and outs of making slip joint knives, shop talk and traditional knife history with Neal Punchard. We hope to add featured guests from time to time as well. Our plan is to release a show weekly on Fridays. We're hoping to pass on a little knowledge and a few tips and tricks along the way. Thanks in advance for having a listen.

-Jason

This is very exciting!!! I will definitely be listening in- my friend Paul Hilborn bought this my attention, I am talking to Paul as I type this, I am sure this will be amazing, I will subscribe as soon as I can, and if you help us by helping you by letting us know how to donate on a regular basis.
I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Loved it Jason, enjoyed the Barlows episode Greatly! Bringing on guests such as Neal is a pure win, hopefully you may branch out and invite other guests into the show as well - some that frequent these parts possibly on certain subjects.
Well done so far!

Edit: Sorry, describing Neal as a "Guest" was a terrible typo

Last edited:
Loved it Jason, enjoyed the Barlows episode Greatly! Bringing on guests such as Neal is a pure win, hopefully you may branch out and invite other guests into the show as well - some that frequent these parts possibly on certain subjects.
Well done so far!
Thank you all!! We hope you all enjoy the conversations. Neil is 100% a co-host in this endeavor. He has lots of exciting topics planned for future shows. In addition Mike and I will be recording more shows that center on custom slip joint making and shop talk. We absolutely plan to invite other makers and guests on to join in the conversation.

Hello All,

With permission from management I would like to invite you all to check out a new podcast that Mike Moran and I along with special guest Neal Punchard are making called The Catch Bit Show. You can find this podcast on most of the major podcasting apps. We will be centering the conversations around the ins and outs of making slip joint knives, shop talk and traditional knife history with Neal Punchard. We hope to add featured guests from time to time as well. Our plan is to release a show weekly on Fridays. We're hoping to pass on a little knowledge and a few tips and tricks along the way. Thanks in advance for having a listen.

-Jason
I sure enjoyed those podcasts, especially the last one with the extended discussion of Barlows!! Neal is an amazing student of the pocketknife, and indeed a scholar of patterns!! I hope we see/hear more of these - certainly covering historic patterns!!

I'm going to take some new Barlow pics and post them!! A favorite subject as most of you know!! ;)
Charlie Waynorth

Last edited:
Just got off the lawn tractor. Had my Bluetooth earbuds and a set of soundproof headphones on. Passed my time listening to the Barlow episode. Kudos to all! A real informative, enjoyable experience!
Nice shout out to Jack Black Jack Black !
Thanks!
I'll be listening!

Back