Podcast centered around slip joint making/traditional knife history - The Catch Bit Show

I agree; it would make a nice Youtube, but it would be a lot more work for the hosts!!!

Here are some of the knives we talked about:
1 - 3rd cut Stag
2 - T.Ellin, inspiration for same
3 - Joseph Rodgers Lamb
4 - Waynorth Lamb
5 - Arkansas LB Hunter original
6 - Ken Erickson version

View attachment 2536114

All beauties Charlie, That Rodgers is amazing ! 😍

I agree; it would make a nice Youtube, but it would be a lot more work for the hosts!!!

1 - 3rd cut Stag
3 - Joseph Rodgers Lamb
4 - Waynorth Lamb
6 - Ken Erickson version

View attachment 2536114
Here are the rest of the discussed knives, from my part!!
The first TC is the earliest Prototype, the second is Old Boiley, and the third is the Proto for the deeper sawcut I requested!! There were only a handful of the smoother ones produced, of the several hundred knives!!
The next is the wonderful, pocketable, Tomato Acrylic Congress!! Mike liked that pattern so much, he made one, some time ago!!
Last is the Hudson's Bay Co Harness Jack, showing its gorgeous punch!!!
March 24 B.jpg

I was picturing Ol' Boiley when you were talking Charlie, its great to see the knives that you were discussing- especially the Original 3rd Cut Stag that captured your attention so much that you had to create that within the TC line.

A visual would be great wouldn't it!

Enjoyed listening to it last night! Thanks for posting pics of the knives you discussed.👍👍👍
I was picturing Ol' Boiley when you were talking Charlie, its great to see the knives that you were discussing- especially the Original 3rd Cut Stag that captured your attention so much that you had to create that within the TC line.

A visual would be great wouldn't it!
Glad you enjoyed the pictures guys!!! Brings all that nattering to life I guess!!!!
Ha Ha!! 😁 😁

1 - 3rd cut Stag
3 - Joseph Rodgers Lamb
4 - Waynorth Lamb
6 - Ken Erickson version

View attachment 2536114
Awesome, thanks Charlie!

I agree that the time commitment for a video cast is a lot, and would probably outweigh the worth for the hosts. I'd much rather see Mike making more knives with his time than editing videos!

Here are the rest of the discussed knives, from my part!!
The first TC is the earliest Prototype, the second is Old Boiley, and the third is the Proto for the deeper sawcut I requested!! There were only a handful of the smoother ones produced, of the several hundred knives!!
The next is the wonderful, pocketable, Tomato Acrylic Congress!! Mike liked that pattern so much, he made one, some time ago!!
Last is the Hudson's Bay Co Harness Jack, showing its gorgeous punch!!!
View attachment 2536136
Great choices, all.

I thoroughly enjoyed this latest episode with our knife world treasure waynorth waynorth . Thank you for posting pics of the knives you talked about. I wish Neal had posted pics of his.

It's an interesting question, to narrow down the knives you love to a top 5. I suppose some that have smaller collections, it would be a little easier.

I'm not sure where I would begin...

Glenn, I know!!! where would you begin with that question?

Its a Huge question.
A handful of the Knives you have worked on for me fall into that category along with so many others.

Just look at the Knives we have been gifted, each one is a real treasure and each and every one that needs that mention within those 5 knives - but how do you cram in such a big amount of knives into a handful?

That in itself is an impossible task- and ....... there are the knives gifted by people who are now no longer with us.

1 - 3rd cut Stag
3 - Joseph Rodgers Lamb
4 - Waynorth Lamb
6 - Ken Erickson version

View attachment 2536114
Wonderful group of knives Charlie!!!
I meant to post pictures of my group a while back but got waylaid by other knife concerns. :)
Here they are...

Just a note that there was a great Guest on last time by the name of Steven Cocker.
Steven is a custom knife maker in Sheffield, England who also heads up the knife production for Egginton which holds the Joseph Rodgers and Wostenholm names.
He is a remarkable guy with a deep passion for English cutlery and the history of such.

BF Catch Bit Show 5 Favorite Group 1 .jpg

Herder - that line up is spectacular! I could picture the Henckels when you were talking about it- and what a knife that is, and those others!!!! Wow!

I loved hear Steven Cocker on the podcast, talk about a person who has such depth and history not only in his teaching he has had but in the Family as well- amazing and extremely interesting!

I meant to post pictures of my group a while back but got waylaid by other knife concerns. :)
Here they are...

Just a note that there was a great Guest on last time by the name of Steven Cocker.
Steven is a custom knife maker in Sheffield, England who also heads up the knife production for Egginton which holds the Joseph Rodgers and Wostenholm names.
He is a remarkable guy with a deep passion for English cutlery and the history of such.

View attachment 2558272

NOW you post them, LOL. Think I'll have to go back and re-listen to this one to put my mind in the right place!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Steven Cocker episode, Neal. Of course, I'd probably enjoy listening to him read the phone book also! I went and looked up a few videos of him on YT, it was cool to see him in action. I have to be honest, I was not that familiar with the name, but looking at his work on those videos, I'm ashamed that I'm NOT more familiar with him.

Guess I'll have to get me one of those Instagram thingies I've been hearing all the young folks talk about...

Here they are...

View attachment 2558272
Thanks for the picture, Neal!! Worth a thousand words!!!

Steven Cocker is a very interesting, and personable guy!!!
That episode is a Must-Hear!! Especially if Sheffield companies and recent "Mesters" history is of interest!!
Well done Mike and Neal!! And Steven!!!
M Mike Moran

NOW you post them, LOL. Think I'll have to go back and re-listen to this one to put my mind in the right place!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Steven Cocker episode, Neal. Of course, I'd probably enjoy listening to him read the phone book also! I went and looked up a few videos of him on YT, it was cool to see him in action. I have to be honest, I was not that familiar with the name, but looking at his work on those videos, I'm ashamed that I'm NOT more familiar with him.

Guess I'll have to get me one of those Instagram thingies I've been hearing all the young folks talk about...

i skipped around a bit but just heard your episode glennbad glennbad ! God do i have a pakistanni knife that needs looking at 🤣 its actually the one I attempted my first blade delete on. My father tried his best to reassemble it with me.

Back