Ridiculous purchase you just had to have

Nrm…wrong forum

Last edited:
Bought a McGizmo flashlight. Very cool looking, thick titanium body. Very expensive.
Never did work right.
Owner of the company made excuses and finally admitted that the problems I was having was inherent to the design.
Sold it. What the hell was I thinking? $450 for a flashlight. Ridiculous.

Bought a McGizmo flashlight. Very cool looking, thick titanium body. Very expensive.
Never did work right.
Owner of the company made excuses and finally admitted that the problems I was having was inherent to the design.
Sold it. What the hell was I thinking? $450 for a flashlight. Ridiculous.
I could never spend that kind of money for custom flashlight that I could never tell if it just decided not to work and then never be guaranteed if I can ever send it for repair (say if the business goes out for instance) and usually for less power and features.

Bought an original, professionally linen-backed Dirty Harry movie poster for the basement tv room because I liked the poster and love the movie. Pretty ridiculous.

Not ridiculous. Odd though, that an authentic poster professionally framed is legitimate art, while a reproduction poster tacked to a wall is merely immature dorm room decoration.

49851_2.jpg
I ordered this green gas airsoft derringer to mess around with.
It wasn't exactly expensive and since it's a break open action where you just directly chamber the BB's I plan to make some darts to shoot out of it.
Maybe it'll be better than the old marksman BB pistol and the darts that came with it.

I am not associated with McGizmo but I must say this is a very rare exception. Hundreds of our fellow EDC enthusiast own Don’s flashlight. I own two of them and he is extremely professional and actually highly respected in the EDC community, especially in the Flashlight world. Again, not judging your situation, but I have only had positive experiences with his flashlights and the majority of people I know have as well. Aside from being beautiful yes that’s subjective, but they are mechanically among the best out there as far as the beam goes. Read reviews about the Haiku and you will see. But since I’m playing. I bought an iwc double pilot rattrapante and never loved it.

I really like compact guns. Not really a fan of MP5's but the price was worth it for a roller PCC. Been very reliable w/ my 147gr handloads.
d9ze8hifbclb1.jpg

20230828_175739.jpg
I bought this vintage Daiwa seiko SS no.1 on Ebay a couple weeks ago just because it's a nice quality looking reel and because I've heard good things
I don't normally like Japanese fishing reels because in my opinion they mark the beginning of the end with pot metal gears like 99% of modern spinning reels, but I don't hate this one at all.
It's relatively smooth , has a great drag, and is as strong as it needs to be.
That being said it like most spinning reels doesn't hold a candle to the Shakespeare royal maroons and the Greenie / Z series Penn spinfishers, those are the highest quality spinning reels to ever be made and that kind of quality will never be seen again.

I pretty much knew what I was getting into for my $65 but I just had to have it anyways, and it was a joy to service and bring back to life.

Back