Spyderco Military 2

Still patiently waiting for the release of the Sprint S90V CF Military 2.

See: https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C36CF2/2501

If/when I get one, I'll be interested to see how if compares with the Knifeworks Exclusive S90V CF/Ti Military 1 version that's already in my collection.

See: https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C36CFTI/Military-Model-Carbon-Fiber-Ti-Exclusive/1189
They make great users too!

vRFNY8X.jpeg

Knifecenter just notified me that my M2 Cruwear has been shipped today. I have also seen them pop up with another dealer, so hopefully the rollout proceeds swiftly.

On that note, I am PUMPED to finally get a Military with a compression lock and Cruwear.

Knifecenter just notified me that my M2 Cruwear has been shipped today. I have also seen them pop up with another dealer, so hopefully the rollout proceeds swiftly.

On that note, I am PUMPED to finally get a Military with a compression lock and Cruwear.
Yeah, mine's been on pre-order at KC for a long time and I just got the "shipped" email Thursday on my CruCarta M2 before we headed back home yesterday from our VT haven in the hills. Tracking had it stopping for the night in NJ, but it's on the road again this afternoon and I should have mine Monday. I'm pumped too and my PM2 CC is eagerly awaiting the arrival of its big brother. :D

I got mine Monday and am pretty pleased. I've got three other Millies in different configurations--fluted Ti, and the two KW exclusives in green G10/204P and CF/framelock S90V--all of which I like a lot, but this CruCarta is quite different. It's still very much a Millie in size and shape, but it has additional tweaks to the stock M2 with the full liners, nat Micarta scales, and blade steel that in many ways makes it seems like a big version of my CruCarta PM2, which is not a bad thing at all.

RUoVgwd.jpg

Mk8e6FY.jpg

9ZXEbqo.jpg

Last edited:
RIT for synthetics works very well. Ive dyed Natural/Jade G10 with the charcoal color and its held up nicely

I got mine Monday and am pretty pleased. I've got three other Millies in different configurations--fluted Ti, and the two KW exclusives in green G10/204P and CF/framelock S90V--all of which I like a lot, but this CruCarta is quite different. It's still very much a Millie in size and shape, but it has additional tweaks to the stock M2 with the full liners, nat Micarta scales, and blade steel that in many ways makes it seems like a big version of my CruCarta PM2, which is not a bad thing at all.

RUoVgwd.jpg

Mk8e6FY.jpg

9ZXEbqo.jpg
You like the OG Millie or the newer one better?

You like the OG Millie or the newer one better?
I like 'em both in their own way. I've always been a big fan of the Millie and have owned 5, bought 2 for my youngest son, and still have 3 OGs that aren't going anywhere. I often thought it would be nice to have a tip-up Military, as that's my carry preference, and was tempted to convert one, but also get that tip-down makes sense for such a long-handled knife as it's an easy rotation out-of-pocket to deploy with one's thumb in prime position to flick out. Tip-up, on the other hand, makes sense for a lanyard guy like me as having a bunch of paracord and a bead in the bottom of my pocket doesn't. A fob/tail is also helpful to extract a clipped knife while sitting.

As far as the M2 goes, I've always liked the compression lock, though not necessarily any more than liner or frame locks. Variety's a good thing in my book. Having the option for tip-up is cool and, of course, the first thing I did with my new CruCarta Millie was to flip the clip. While the M2 is distinctly a Military, the basic new model has a few other tweaks besides the two new majors. The slightly reconfigured ergos don't seem that noticeably compelling, but the more generous forward finger choice is nice. While I liked the OG liner lock knife a-plenty, not having the conveniently raised lockbar release in the rear finger coil makes for a more comfortable grip in the M2.

Lastly, my first new Millie is the CruCarta version which I had on pre-order at Knifecenter for several months and has the additional feature of full liners, unlike the standard minimalistic, nested liners in the OG. The full liners are the same configuration as my CruCarta PM2, a knife that re-awakened my appreciation of the ParaMilitary which was a knife that I'd always been kind of neutral on. TenShun705 TenShun705 mentioned in his review of the CCM2 that it very much seems like a larger version of the CCPM2, and I very much had the same impression from the get-go. I expect that I'll likely pick a a more stock version of the new Military at some point and will get a read on how that compares with a comparably stock PM2.

Anyway, the bottom line here is the same as the top line--I like 'em both and hope they continue to keep the OG in production too, as they've indicated. I can see more of both versions continuing to swell my accumulation of Spydies.

How's that for a long answer to a short question? 😏

I like 'em both in their own way. I've always been a big fan of the Millie and have owned 5, bought 2 for my youngest son, and still have 3 OGs that aren't going anywhere. I often thought it would be nice to have a tip-up Military, as that's my carry preference, and was tempted to convert one, but also get that tip-down makes sense for such a long-handled knife as it's an easy rotation out-of-pocket to deploy with one's thumb in prime position to flick out. Tip-up, on the other hand, makes sense for a lanyard guy like me as having a bunch of paracord and a bead in the bottom of my pocket doesn't. A fob/tail is also helpful to extract a clipped knife while sitting.

As far as the M2 goes, I've always liked the compression lock, though not necessarily any more than liner or frame locks. Variety's a good thing in my book. Having the option for tip-up is cool and, of course, the first thing I did with my new CruCarta Millie was to flip the clip. While the M2 is distinctly a Military, the basic new model has a few other tweaks besides the two new majors. The slightly reconfigured ergos don't seem that noticeably compelling, but the more generous forward finger choice is nice. While I liked the OG liner lock knife a-plenty, not having the conveniently raised lockbar release in the rear finger coil makes for a more comfortable grip in the M2.

Lastly, my first new Millie is the CruCarta version which I had on pre-order at Knifecenter for several months and has the additional feature of full liners, unlike the standard minimalistic, nested liners in the OG. The full liners are the same configuration as my CruCarta PM2, a knife that re-awakened my appreciation of the ParaMilitary which was a knife that I'd always been kind of neutral on. TenShun705 TenShun705 mentioned in his review of the CCM2 that it very much seems like a larger version of the CCPM2, and I very much had the same impression from the get-go. I expect that I'll likely pick a a more stock version of the new Military at some point and will get a read on how that compares with a comparably stock PM2.

Anyway, the bottom line here is the same as the top line--I like 'em both and hope they continue to keep the OG in production too, as they've indicated. I can see more of both versions continuing to swell my accumulation of Spydies.

How's that for a long answer to a short question? 😏
Thanks for the detailed reply! I’ve been a Millie fan since I discovered it and love it just the way it is. I imagine the M2 would feel like a different knife, different manual of arms, etc. If I got one, I think I’d still carry tip down, like you said, the blade hole is perfectly “there” when you draw the knife.

Thanks for the detailed reply! I’ve been a Millie fan since I discovered it and love it just the way it is. I imagine the M2 would feel like a different knife, different manual of arms, etc. If I got one, I think I’d still carry tip down, like you said, the blade hole is perfectly “there” when you draw the knife.

Personally, I don’t care for the added clip position holes. The looks of the OG, IMO is clean. The audible sound of lock up on the M2 isn’t the same as the OG. You don’t hear that crisp lock up on the M2. I had to find out for myself if I would like it as much as the OG, I like the micarta/CruWear, so why not get one. It’s not bad, just different.

Personally, I don’t care for the added clip position holes. The looks of the OG, IMO is clean. The audible sound of lock up on the M2 isn’t the same as the OG. You don’t hear that crisp lock up on the M2. I had to find out for myself if I would like it as much as the OG, I like the micarta/CruWear, so why not get one. It’s not bad, just different.
I had a chance to pick one up from a storefront a few weeks back, but passed because of the price and the compression lock. I own a few PM2s, they aren’t my favorite and neither is the compression
lock. I like the liner/frame lock on the OG Millie too.

Back