Spyderco Military 2

I received my Military 2 yesterday and I must say that I like it better than my Military 1.
The compression lock, the handle ergo and the four position clip...now it's really a near perfect folding knife!
hpNR11N.jpg

5yUJAyN.jpg

nl0JyAl.jpg

AHYALK5h.jpg

To anybody that has a M2: is there anything functionally that would prevent the G10 scale just below the pivot from being reshaped to the original M1 shape, ie rounding off that "point"? That grip shape (the M1) was my favorite of any Spyderco folder. The M2 looks like it might work just fine, but the M1 was for my hands the perfect grip in that particular area. I tend to like some "grip neutrality" in a larger handled folder.

To anybody that has a M2: is there anything functionally that would prevent the G10 scale just below the pivot from being reshaped to the original M1 shape, ie rounding off that "point"? That grip shape (the M1) was my favorite of any Spyderco folder. The M2 looks like it might work just fine, but the M1 was for my hands the perfect grip in that particular area. I tend to like some "grip neutrality" in a larger handled folder.
Here's some shots of the stock G10 scales I replaced!
IMG_20231212_093756_(20_x_30_cm).jpgIMG_20231212_093817_(20_x_30_cm).jpgIMG_20231212_093844_(20_x_30_cm).jpg

Here's some shots of the stock G10 scales I replaced!
That is perfect, exactly what I hoped to see. And S30V still hangs in there with more "modern" steels; in fact, it still whips a lot of newer one's in edge retention.

The S30V OG Military I tried was a very good steel. Now I'm tempted to try a M2 and sand down the index finger choil bump where that excess G10 is. It will be a while before I buy one but anyone who does it first please post pics! (And wear a respirator while sanding G10)

The S30V OG Military I tried was a very good steel. Now I'm tempted to try a M2 and sand down the index finger choil bump where that excess G10 is. It will be a while before I buy one but anyone who does it first please post pics! (And wear a respirator while sanding G10)
Cool, should I trademark it as the OM-Mod? 😁

Yep. I’ve got bit afew times by folders with liner locks👍🏻

Solution: detent ramp. I installed one on every liner locking Spyderco I've had for the past few years.

Does anyone know if there are future release dates anounced on Military 2 with other than s30v steel?

Back