Taggedout...thoughts?

Very nice, Cheese King! That CPM-154 is some pretty tuff stuff and I think that only way you’re going to break that tip is by doing something with it that you should have done with a different tool.
Like that clip!

I decided to send in my OD green version to get the blade cerakoted in hi vis orange! Getting crazy up in here! I think it’ll look amazing. Blade should match this color:

74BA3B1A-C5D4-46D3-B937-5C508F69BD97.jpeg

Last edited:
I was worried about the slot, because I usually hate slots. It turns out that the blade flicks open nicely with my middle finger. I cannot flick it with any other finger. I cannot open it with my thumb at all. My thumb just slides off the blade. So the slot is acceptable but worse than a thumb stud and way worse than a Spydie hole. BTW, my hands are medium small, size 7.5.

The blade drops closed without any tweaking. No blade play. Excellent centering.

The average BESS score measured at 5 points along the blade is 128 grams, which is excellent for an out-of-the-box knife. The bevel angles are 16 and 18 degrees as measured by a laser goniometer. The knife slices heavy-duty cardboard and bubble-padded Amazon envelopes very easily, just like a Bugout.

What I like better about the Taggedout compared to the Bugout:
* Orange
* Handle is thicker

What I like least about both the Taggedout and Bugout is that the pocket clip is too short.

I was at the BM factory store in Oregon City when they first dropped and was very interested in purchasing one.
The employee behind the counter generously opened multiple boxes for me to pick out one that was centered and that locked up solid…. We opened six boxes plus the table knife and not a one was centered or had a decent lock up.
I know that the Axis lock (from a long history of owning BM’s) doesn’t always provide a Medford vault like lock up, but it seemed to me that these were allowing for more movement than necessary…..Now, from having a Barrage Tanto assisted opener that I’ve heavily used (think chisel/prybar) at work for years that a knife doesn’t have to lock up solid to be completely reliable, but it’s most definitely a developed pet peeve of mine nowadays….
If I could come across one that had a decent lock up and was centered I’d probably spend what they wanted for one as I love my bailouts/bugouts, and would like a light, little bit bigger knife in pocket and hand.

I was at the BM factory store in Oregon City when they first dropped and was very interested in purchasing one.
The employee behind the counter generously opened multiple boxes for me to pick out one that was centered and that locked up solid…. We opened six boxes plus the table knife and not a one was centered or had a decent lock up.
I know that the Axis lock (from a long history of owning BM’s) doesn’t always provide a Medford vault like lock up, but it seemed to me that these were allowing for more movement than necessary…..Now, from having a Barrage Tanto assisted opener that I’ve heavily used (think chisel/prybar) at work for years that a knife doesn’t have to lock up solid to be completely reliable, but it’s most definitely a developed pet peeve of mine nowadays….
If I could come across one that had a decent lock up and was centered I’d probably spend what they wanted for one as I love my bailouts/bugouts, and would like a light, little bit bigger knife in pocket and hand.
I think you had incredibly bad luck - 0 out of 7 were acceptable to you? I have bought 2 Taggedouts sight unseen and they are both perfect!

I think you had incredibly bad luck - 0 out of 7 were acceptable to you? I have bought 2 Taggedouts sight unseen and they are both perfect!
You should buy a lottery ticket or 2!
Are you offering to sell me one of your perfect 2??

After using the knife off work and around the house for about 5 months I will say it's impressive. I'm really excited about the new magnacut/cf version and will definitely buy one. This edge comes back to life with a quick run on the ceramics/strop and is generally fun to use.

I just saw that BM will be releasing a OD Green G10 version with a non-coated S45VN blade. This one appears to differ from the soon to be released CF Magnacut version and already released orange version in that it has thumb studs rather than the cutout in the blade. Any insight into the change?

JonesE

In one of the SHOT show videos they said they put thumbstuds on there because some people prefer them, and they wanted to give them the option of having them.

I don't really understand the attraction for knives that are very lightweight. 4 oz is light enough for me - or even more.

I'm not a fan of the Bugout, so obviously not a fan of this one. I guess if I carried in light, flimsy shorts with thin pockets, it might be just the ticket.

Love the Tagged out. Gets daily carry a matching mini bugout. Good action once broken in. NW knives highland green cerakote version. I swapped out washers for the kp oversized and the axis bar and screw set with flytanium hardware. IMG_3789.jpeg

Back