The Cheapskate Club Membership Thread

I have yet to spend over a $100 on a single knife but did push that envelope, I spend my time finding good deals but am starting to realize that probably means a bit of work like adjusting the detent, getting rid of burrs. I think I'll start with a 14c28n liner lock I paid about $9 for before trying on nicer ones. Best not to cheap out on tools..

Edit: Way early in the year but what about a white elephant gift exchange with a dollar amount threshold? I feel confident I can contribute one with value as there are finds that are over 50% off at times..

Last edited:
Well, I easily could have purchased more than a few used cars with the total that I've spent for the ~365 knives in my collection so far. LOL! 🤷‍♂️

Didn't you say that your collection was close to around $100k in value?

Seats taken.

NOS cheapskater checking in, I like this thread! Need to post some pics I guess, have many cheapie bargains, but my all-time favorite knife-wise of many:

Scored a Ka-bar Mule in AUS-8 off e-bay about 14 years ago or so now, it was well-used when I got it but still in great shape, has turned out to be true to it's name as it has been an absolute work-horse, holds a great edge and just seemingly can't be broken. Got it for 16 bucks plus two dollahs for shipping, new about 40-45 bucks or so.

Picked up a Schrade a few years ago on closeout, 9cr18mov steel, ball bearing flipper, smooth as silk especially for chinesium, nice thick spine. 8 bucks on closeout.

Non-knife cheapies? Oh hell yeah, last month in secondhand store, got an old-style Pampered Chef 16" pizza stone for 5 bucks, originally a 75 dollah stone. Had almost forgotten how good homemade pizza could be!

I think this qualifies as a cheapskate's delight because I paid about $34.00 for it, but the grimalkin from FortyTwoBlades FortyTwoBlades is not "cheap." I think I paid more for the sheath than the knife. The darn thing is thin, slicey, and basically disappears on my belt.

aDfedpM.jpeg

Sheath was by azwelke azwelke .

1K4qIMT.jpeg

7bQC1sY.jpeg

Surprisingly, despite being made from 1075, this has never rusted on me. Even after being used on foodstuffs for years. Nifty little knife.

Last edited:
Back