Toohr #3 knife sharpener

I'm talking with the seller now to see if they'll do anything. If not I may just leave it because as jeronimo stated above, when the guide rod is installed it holds it down and it doesn't budge. Having said that I am a bit OCD and may look for some bushings either way if the seller doesn't come though. Lol AliExpress also has bushings.
I forgot to mention, the seller told me on 2/17 that they are replacing the tower assembly. We shall see. 🤞

Hey bud, any idea when Gritomatic will have the extension blocks for sale? I was looking to buy the a Leading Edge magnetic platform, a couple of diamond plates and add this to the order but do not see it.
Thanks!
I'm not sure when they are planning to release them. Maybe ask them directly on their "contact us" page and they might be able to help you out. :cool:

Alright guys a few of things...

1) If you've been holding out for a price drop the Toohr 3 "only the red one" is dropping to in a few hours to a decent discount are the official Toohr store. Without any stones about $117.

US $21.81 39%OFF | toohr Knife Sharpening Frame Professional Fixed Angle Sharpener Whetstone High Precision Grinder Sharpening Tools W/Rail

There are 2 new sharpeners. They are copies of the Blitz Pro and Kadet Pro. Quite frankly, I think the value just isn't here IMO but I'd really like to get your guys thoughts on their pricing. Keep in mind the 5 doesn't include $50 shipping and this is also not the official Toohr store.

2) Toohr 4 / Blitz Pro copy
These are only showing up on the KPXIN Store and not even the Toohr store for some reason. I'm sure this will change later on.

US $279.84 40%OFF | toohr Knife Sharpening Frame Professional Fixed Angle Sharpener Whetstone High Precision Grinder Sharpening Tools

3) Toohr 5 / Kadet Pro copy
Same as above... These are only showing up on the KPXIN Store and not even the Toohr store for some reason. I'm sure this will change later on.

US $319.80 40%OFF | toohr Professional Fixed Angle Knife Sharpener 360° Rotation Sharpening Frame High Precision Grinder Sharpening Tools

Last edited:
Certainly looks promising, but I wouldn't expect much from the clamps. This always seems to be where the Chinese systems fall short. I could be wrong, it will be very interesting to try one of these out but you're right - the price is too high if you include shipping. At this price point with shipping and no real after sales support, it won't be worth the effort in my opinion.

I've looked over the Toohr 5 on the website and it looks really nice. Even if the clamps turn out to be spot on quality wise, the pricing from this company makes it too close to the Kadet Pro to make sense.
I can buy the Kadet Pro from Gritomatic for $485 shipped without tax Tax approx $26
The Toohr 5 cost $361 shipped without tax. Tax approx $20
There's $124 difference between the two before tax and to me that's no where near enough savings to even consider buying a Chinese copy. Nope

Last edited:
I ordered from the TooHR store on January 25 and received it on March 23. A few loose parts needed to be tightened and cleaned, but all parts were there, and they included two Allen wrenches and a few extra screws. Other than its large size, I like it. I asked Gritomatic when LE's TooHr options would be available, but there was no response.

Awesome information on the Toohr 3 here… Looks very interesting. I‘m not sure though I really need the horizontal slide for normal kitchen knives. Is this really an important feature?

Does anyone have experience with this version of the sharpener? Tiny differences apart from the missing horizontal slide. Cheaper (free shipping!) and in the spirit of keeping it simple the lack of a slide might also be viewed as a plus…

Does anyone have experience with this version of the sharpener? Tiny differences apart from the missing horizontal slide. Cheaper (free shipping!) and in the spirit of keeping it simple the lack of a slide might also be viewed as a plus…

The upright tower is not the only difference in models, the one in your link seems to have slightly different clamps and a different clamp bar, so it might not be compatible with other clamps discussed in this thread.

Awesome information on the Toohr 3 here… Looks very interesting. I‘m not sure though I really need the horizontal slide for normal kitchen knives. Is this really an important feature?

I would still recommend the Toohr3 over that version. I've used the slide on longer kitchen knives, it may not be required, but makes me feel better about angles and direction of stroke. The bigger advantage of the full slide is weight/stability. With the larger knives, that non-slide version may need to be secured to something to keep from tipping. The full Toohr3 is very stable and the base extends farther than the mounted knives tips.

I also think that moving the tower could aide in seeing grit progression progress by way of differing the angle on each stone.

If not Gritomatic, where can we purchase accessories for the Toohr3?

I have also searched and cannot find the lite clamps anywhere. If these are no longer an option what is the next best?

If not Gritomatic, where can we purchase accessories for the Toohr3?

I have also searched and cannot find the lite clamps anywhere. If these are no longer an option what is the next best?
For now, only Gritomatic. They have the magnetic platform and clamp adapters available.

Hapstone has temporarily stopped making the lite clamps but any other Hapstone will also work with the adapters that Gritomatic can sell you.

For now, only Gritomatic. They have the magnetic platform and clamp adapters available.

Hapstone has temporarily stopped making the lite clamps but any other Hapstone will also work with the adapters that Gritomatic can sell you.
I'm sorry but could you link me the clamp adapters? What I'm seeing is that they are not available. I don't want to buy any clamps if I can't get adapters. Thank you

This thread kinda dried up but is a great resource. I would love to see some videos of real use from some of the guys in this thread. Also what their feelings are after having the unit for some time. Also maybe some new purchasers like myself. Mine is on its way!

This is my 5th system. They are all good, hope this is also. Knives and all these systems becomes very expensive 😆

Back